Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use bubble wrap when shipping a rifle, secure it with rubber bands so the buyer can re-use it. When I get a new rifle I usually get into a frenzy opening up the package, popcorn flying all over the place and cursing up a blue streak trying to rip off the shipping tape because I'm too much in a hurry to get a knife. Also eliminates the chance of scratching the rifle with the knife (see Kimber CMP).

·
Gold Bullet member
4,821 Posts
Uncle Joe....slow down, take a deep breath, let it out slowly and work the problem. Bubble wrap is not your enemy. Tape is not your foe. Stay calm, breathe deeply...;):sorry:

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,618 Posts
Joe if I knew you better I would make some smart arse remark too, but I won't. But you did leave yourself wide open here!
By the way got your check cashed and should have you brass in the mail tomorrow or Wed. John.

PS $100 will buy a lot of beer wouldn't it? Seriously as soon as the other guy sends payment I will sent to "Keep GB Free fund".

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
Bubble wrap IS your enemy. Because if you wrap the rifle completely in it, and it gets cold, water vapor condenses on the cold metal, and stays there thanks to the bubble wrap. Ok for small parts but otherwise use newsprint or foam. Plastic only works if you use a bag with an anti-corrosion tratment and seal it.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,979 Posts
Bubble wrap IS your enemy. Because if you wrap the rifle completely in it, and it gets cold, water vapor condenses on the cold metal, and stays there thanks to the bubble wrap. Ok for small parts but otherwise use newsprint or foam. Plastic only works if you use a bag with an anti-corrosion tratment and seal it.
i could see that being a problem MAYBE if you were in florida shipping to alaska, but otherwise theres not enough air in between the rifle and bubble wrap to create this problem. you need to have a lot of air in order to create a lot of codensation

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,050 Posts
i could see that being a problem MAYBE if you were in florida shipping to alaska, but otherwise theres not enough air in between the rifle and bubble wrap to create this problem. you need to have a lot of air in order to create a lot of codensation
I agree with you & with the poster about sharp knifes.

Dang I hate a sharp knife around a nice stock.

And loose foam peanuts in shipping boxes even Century knows better & uses wadded up news print.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.