Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Virginia boy is on the road to Ohio. . . .
Its Thursday mornin' and I've started to pack my new display for the annual OGCA display meeting this weekend (May 22-23), I'll be on the road at 0 dark o'clock Friday.
You can find me along the back wall on the right side of the display area ( French rifles and lots of yellow and burgandy cloth). This is a whole new display, a different theme from what I have done before. It seems like its been months of designing, building and researching for these two days. These forums have been a big help too.
I love doing displays, I really do. Stop by and make yourself known :thumbsup:

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a photo

This is the display. From the left I have a musket, Tabatiere and a "Zulu" then a Mle 1866, Mle 1866/74, Mle 1874/14 next to the Mle 1886/93, Mle 1886/93 R35 and my Mle 1886 M27 then to the Mle 1907/15 and Mle 1907/15 M34, Then for fun finishing with the Berthier 22lr, Gras 22lr, and a Turkish Forrestery Carbine on the right.

·
Diamond Member
4,292 Posts
"and my Mle 1886 M27" he says, casually:rolleyes:

What a display! Have a great time.
One of these days I have to get off my arse and try to attend an OGCA meeting.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Looks great Hank! Don't think that most of the Finn Mosin folk here know just how rare that Mle 1886 M/27 is (well, tplan does). Think M27RV Carbine kinda rare here in the States. An outstanding representative sample of early French small arms. Any plans to display from the pre-war MAS 36 to present day? Finding a FAMAS would be a challenge, though some did get imported in the 80s.

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back at ya!

Mawkie
You’ve been reading my mind – I’ve been thinking of a MAS 36 display for next year. I can do a fair job; I have a pre-war, postwar, a CR39 and Tir Reduit, an LG48 and a 36/51.
I really wish I had a FR1 or 2 (don’t we all)
For a really good display I would like to have a cut-away, I missed out on one awhile-back so I guess I might just have to make one myself.
Every good display needs “stuff” on the table to round out the history. I am short of some major things the first is a Mle 1948 rifle grenade or a 50mm mortar shell to make one like the French did then there is the VB launcher (missed one back in the Fall, choked at the price) and I would really like to have that cutaway.

What I did awhile back was sit down and make list of all possible groupings for displays. Training, Lebels, Berthiers, MAS 36 series, MAS semi-autos, the transition from black powder to smokeless powder etc.
:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts