Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Diamond Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Virginia boy is on the road to Ohio. . . .
Its Thursday mornin' and I've started to pack my new display for the annual OGCA display meeting this weekend (May 22-23), I'll be on the road at 0 dark o'clock Friday.
You can find me along the back wall on the right side of the display area ( French rifles and lots of yellow and burgandy cloth). This is a whole new display, a different theme from what I have done before. It seems like its been months of designing, building and researching for these two days. These forums have been a big help too.
I love doing displays, I really do. Stop by and make yourself known :thumbsup:

Diamond Member
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a photo

This is the display. From the left I have a musket, Tabatiere and a "Zulu" then a Mle 1866, Mle 1866/74, Mle 1874/14 next to the Mle 1886/93, Mle 1886/93 R35 and my Mle 1886 M27 then to the Mle 1907/15 and Mle 1907/15 M34, Then for fun finishing with the Berthier 22lr, Gras 22lr, and a Turkish Forrestery Carbine on the right.

Diamond Member
"and my Mle 1886 M27" he says, casually:rolleyes:

What a display! Have a great time.
One of these days I have to get off my arse and try to attend an OGCA meeting.

Registered
Looks great Hank! Don't think that most of the Finn Mosin folk here know just how rare that Mle 1886 M/27 is (well, tplan does). Think M27RV Carbine kinda rare here in the States. An outstanding representative sample of early French small arms. Any plans to display from the pre-war MAS 36 to present day? Finding a FAMAS would be a challenge, though some did get imported in the 80s.

Diamond Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back at ya!

Mawkie
You鈥檝e been reading my mind 鈥 I鈥檝e been thinking of a MAS 36 display for next year. I can do a fair job; I have a pre-war, postwar, a CR39 and Tir Reduit, an LG48 and a 36/51.
I really wish I had a FR1 or 2 (don鈥檛 we all)
For a really good display I would like to have a cut-away, I missed out on one awhile-back so I guess I might just have to make one myself.
Every good display needs 鈥渟tuff鈥 on the table to round out the history. I am short of some major things the first is a Mle 1948 rifle grenade or a 50mm mortar shell to make one like the French did then there is the VB launcher (missed one back in the Fall, choked at the price) and I would really like to have that cutaway.

What I did awhile back was sit down and make list of all possible groupings for displays. Training, Lebels, Berthiers, MAS 36 series, MAS semi-autos, the transition from black powder to smokeless powder etc.
:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.