Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
592 Posts
I think it's a spice that you put into taco sauce to make it more "zesty" :p

As far as the m91- I'm far from an expert but I would pay in the area of $300-$450 I suppose... But then again I'm cheap. ANY M91's in my area often go for a heck of a lot more than that!

-Palimino

· Registered
1,446 Posts
Like so many things, prices vary wildly. Sometimes a relatively plain jane 91 will clear $400. Other times they sit around & don't sell for half that. Some guys go nuts over a Sestroryetsk. I say their value is effected by the same things as an Izhevsk is. Date, markings, what apparent history, overall condition are most important. If it has the eagles taken off of it, I wouldn't buy it at all.

· Silver Bullet Member
5,937 Posts
I have at least one with the eagles ground off. The reason for that is because it represents a certain unique period of Russian history. I think every collection should have at least one example of a scrubbed Mosin Nagant rifle. I bought my scrubbed Sesty. from AIM when they were about $65.

· Registered
1,446 Posts
I agree with you and I don't agree. The scrubbed guns represent something, but exactly who, where & when is open for debate. For $65, why not. An intact m91 stock is worth that. I have a scrubbed 91, or three, that I bought because of other interesting features. But, they will always be much less desireable than the similar, unscrubbed examples. So, not big bucks. Probably ever.

· Oak Leaves with Clusters Member
3,497 Posts
My cheapest was $180 - scrubbed and all Russian and my 2nd most expensive was well worth $445 (to me) - beautiful stamps, SA, Austrian capture, Magazine swivel, and reworked M91RV stock.

Oh, I forgot, I paid $1,341 for another but it's really special - unaltered.

Just depends on what it has and how bad you want it if it is an auction.

· Registered
534 Posts
A Sestroryetsk M91, with an unground proof, cleaning rod, and not RECENTLY refinished, would probably sell in the $200+ range. Unmesssed with rifles will bring a large premium. SA marked might bring a premium, but only because of condition. They are usually in better condition than the Russian rifles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.