Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this small operating case today and was wondering how collectable or valuable such an item is. It is in excellent condition and has most of the "tools" especially the larger ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for looking
Scott

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
If anyone knows the knowledge should be on this forum, but sometimes patience is needed. This is a very specialized thing and there may not be many collectors who are after such a thing even though it is probably not an everyday find. I cannot hazard a guess at the value. Gus, have you seen anything like this in your search for ambulance stuff?

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Don't ask me how I know but such items are sometimes collected by Medical Doctors. I have no idea of the value of your item ...
Maybe some kids repaired their bicycle with the missing tools ... please do not laugh or get mad ... been there and done that with some friends of my youth.
Because I'm not a collector I can speak freely (in fact, I always do this) ... the disadvantage is that some of the tools are missing ... bad juju.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
If anyone knows the knowledge should be on this forum, but sometimes patience is needed. This is a very specialized thing and there may not be many collectors who are after such a thing even though it is probably not an everyday find. I cannot hazard a guess at the value. Gus, have you seen anything like this in your search for ambulance stuff?
I have seen a number of these, but with later dates (WWII) and have a smaller one that my uncle carried in Korea that was made in the 40s. This is something that would not be related to the ambulance cars, as the most valuable medical equipment carried by the ambulance cars was the extra wool blankets. (according to the 1920 financial report of the US Medical dept)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.