Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it (it was actually last week), but this will be my first garand! Went for a Service grade!

Just wondering if anyone here has sent in an order for one recently. Looks like they started accepting orders about a month ago, so not sure how long it will take to hear back...seems like some people who got their orders in right away have already got theirs!

Anyway, this will actually be my FIRST US Milsurp!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I sent an order in last week also. This will be my first purchase from the CMP. From what I understand, they are quite busy with garand and carbine orders, so it may take some time for our orders to be processed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have two from the CMP. The first is a Service grade SA I bought three years ago. It is a tack driver. The second is a Danish field grade SA return. I have yet to shoot that one, but it is in great shape and I'm sure it will hit it's mark! Good luck with your Garands.

·
Registered
320 Posts
brockj & mrkimball, I hope that you both receive undergraded M1s.

Be aware that buying Garands from the CMP can be very addictive ... before I could rein myself in, I had 16 in the north gunsafe. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
CMP Garand

I got mine it seems like 3 months ago. Nice gun - way better than I expected. It's fun having a piece of history. My Dad and father in law carried them around on their all expenses paid tour of the South Pacific. Enjoy.

·
Silver Bullet member
187 Posts
M1's

I have six M1's from the CMP and am glad I got them when they were available. They are all in good shape. The last one I got was a Greek rack grade that I sent to Dean, of Deans Guns and had it rebuilt to fire .308. Don't forget to get some of the Greek 30.06, excellent ammo. Bob

·
Registered
129 Posts
CMP is the best deal for Garands or for that matter whatever they have for sale. I got 3 Garands, 1903A3 and P17 from them in addition to lots of M2 Ball. On the plus side their weapons have no import stamps on them, good for collectors. Great people to deal and purchase from and it is easy to qualify to purchase from them. Can't go wrong!!!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
i have to agree, i got mine about 2 years ago, i guess they were not too busy back then, it took 17 days for mine to arrive!!!! i have put over 400 rounds down the barrel and still funtions like the day it was made and dead on like it was made to be!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts