Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gun club holds a Vintage Military Rifle Shoot every few months and on a whim , I decided to enter and use my newly acquired semi FG42. I had not had the rifle to the range since I got it so I figured I'd better at least shoot a round or two through to see where it was hitting. Below is a picture of the target I shot with the first two rounds my FG42 fired. It was shot at 50 yds. with iron sight and from a bench. From that target, I felt a lot better entering the Vintage Military Rifle Shoot. I was totally amazed at the "Out of the box accuracy" of the FG42. The shoot consisted of shooting 10 rds. off-hand at 50 yds. and another 10 rds. at 100 yds. from a bench with no supports for the rifle. Each segement was timed. The rifles I was competing with were M1903-A3s, K98s, Garands, Swedish Mauser, Enfield and Mosin-Nagants.

When the scoring was done, the FG42 had shot the highest score as was the winner of the Vintage Military Rifle Shoot!

FG42 Target.jpg

·
Registered
350 Posts
BigBoy99 ... now ain't they just the sweetest rifles (and pretty, in a sort of ugly way)? Great post.

smgguns ... Rick, posts like BigBoy99's just make me bust my buttons. We, the owners of your wonderful recreation, will always be your biggest fans. Thanks for a great battle rifle.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Who has these for sale ? Been wanting to get one.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts