Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved my long awaited semi auto DP from Military Gun Supply. Shipped in a sturdy plywood box my 01 FFL destroyed in getting it out. Glad they did not use a cardboard box!
The DP looks very nice. The bipod was missing however.Took it directly to the range.
First off,set it on a rest and wiped the barrel and gas system down to remove any oil or grease.
Noticed the front sight was very loose on the base.Poor fit.
Loaded two VKT marked pans. First one w/ Hungarian LPS (light ball) ammo and second w/ the Bulgarian brass case 50's dated stuff from SOG. Checked all ammo first for possible cracked necks,loose bullets,etc.
Ran first pan,slow fire at first,the some rapid. Function was flawless. Checked target and allowed the piece to cool a bit.Ran a spit patch down the bore.
Second pan worked fine as first,some of the Bulgarian brass had split necks after firing,not uncommon.
Darkness prevented further testing. Home for a GOOD cleaning.

·
Banned
10,845 Posts
This is probably a waste of your time, but you might want to check with 01 FFL about the bipod. Anyone who destroys a box in order to open the above mentioned box, is probably stupid enough to break something else... like a customer's bipod, for example.

I am going to need a second opinion on this. When MGS mails out DP, do they attach bipod to the rifle or do they put bipod separately, like attaching bipod to the inside of the box or inside of the lid?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did NOT include a bipod. Got there right after my 01 got it out of the box. A friend did not get the bipod either when he got his a few months ago. MGS said they put the bipod in box unattached to the rifle.Called them the next day and was told they would send one.This was two weeks ago,still no bipod. Spent a lot of $$ for the DP and want the bipod that goes w/ it.Will call them again today.
Went out again w/ DP a few days later.Shimmed the front sight w/ brass shims. This improved accuracy a bit. Dinner plate size rapid fire groups at 100 yards.Sight still lose,will use another shim.
Ran 5 pans,2 Hung LPS,two Bulg brass light ball and one Albanian,one failure to chamber w/ Albanian only malfunction. Albanian ammo has given problems in Mosins before,so no suprise.
All in all am happy with it. Will be happier when they send the bipod(hint to MGS)
Could use a bolt hold open to make it easier to load. Noticed barrel was fixed,not removable like original.
Clever redesign of a clever design.Good workmanship(except for loose sight)
Very neat weapon. A lot cheaper than a transferable full auto one ! Gets hot quick. Used compressed air to cool between pans on second test. Best not to run it too hot.

·
Banned
10,845 Posts
They did NOT include a bipod. Got there right after my 01 got it out of the box. A friend did not get the bipod either when he got his a few months ago. MGS said they put the bipod in box unattached to the rifle.Called them the next day and was told they would send one.This was two weeks ago,still no bipod. Spent a lot of $$ for the DP and want the bipod that goes w/ it.Will call them again today.
Ok. Just checking.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Gold Bullet member
4,429 Posts
Mine also had a loose front sight, the adjustment screw hadn't even been tightened in and the sight centred. Took some wiggling and tweaking to get it centred and the screw tightened in at the same time, but it's held since.

Glad you like yours, I was very pleased with mine when I got it running.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
I had a loose front sight also. I can't remember now if I ended up shimming it or "tweaking" the dovetail, but I got it to stay put. I found that the easiest way to get a pan in place was to push down with one hand and pull the bolt back with the other. Of course you're fully loaded and ready to go when you let go of the bolt. The barrel should be removable, mine is. Push in on the button on the side of the receiver and twist the barrel, counterclockwise if I remember, but you can tell by the gas piston. Also, you have to draw the bolt back before you twist, but you can stick an empty shell case in the port to hold it open enough. You might need a wrench on the flat spot on the barrel. I forget the metric size, but a small adjustable wrench will work. It may take a lot of wiggling and jiggling the first few times but you'll get the hang of it and it will loosen up some. I actually tapped the bushing on the barrel in a little bit to snug it up to the receiver and it improved accuracy.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,429 Posts
Pretty sure it's 15mm, and nobody said anything about needing to push a button... I tried cranking off the barrel a couple times, and figured it was just tight.

Edit: Crap. Now, after owning the damn thing probably nearly a year, I realize that round thing on the side isn't a castle nut on the locking-shoulder.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I will have one some day. I still see that video in my head of Ted test firing his.

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
I would sure like one too. Congratulations!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts