Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at purchasing a sten MKII kit and dropping in a closed bolt semi auto kit and 16" barrel.

I have a few questions regarding the build and legalities.

1) Does the barrel assembly/ shroud screw right into the barrel bushing?

2) If so, how will this affect is a being a true 16" weapon if the barrel can be changed readily?

3) If the following two are ture, does a 16" barrel on a MKII need to be permenantly attached?

4) Is there a suggested source for mags that are reliable and do not have feeding issues?

Thanks for all of your help.

djrpm

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
Hi,

I've been vaguely considering a Sten build for some time but for something that cost the Brits in WWII less than $10 the price of a semi seems out of hand. Using Prexis parts I could get close to buying a decent AR15 at the same cost.

Anyone have any info on a cheap semi-auto Sten build?

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Several Stens

I have built several Stens MKII & MKIII versions Pistol & Carbine the best suppler of Semi sten parts out there is www.indianapolisordnance.com If you go to the site & look under customers corner you will see 2 of my builds Tell Jason the Owner I sent you I'm known as Mike from AZ also...

He has the MKIII Tube with the original style top rail attached for that OEM look ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.