Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the SEMCA 2017 has come and gone. First I would like to publicly thank Roy, Marjorie, Dixie and the rest of the family for hosting us again this year. I would like to thank all the wives who prepared such great goodies for this year's visit. We have had more folks participate in the past but we still had a good showing of folks who all enjoy collecting, teaching each other and learning from one another about this hobby that we all enjoy, while sampling some of the best goodies found in the Mississippi Delta. The collecting ranged from across the spectrum of countries and samples of many different weapons, ordnance, and associated equipment. For those you may not know it, the SEMCA was started by Roy and Doss as not so much a shooting activity (like the different shootouts) but was started with the thought in mind that it would be a place where folks with the same interest could come together and just talk about the different things on display and by chance enjoy really good cooking to help pass the time.

Here are some samples from this years together.

Great Japanese Ordnance display. Rope Holes on display and not one but two with only 2 nails in the butt. Roy imparting us with his knowledge. And some things you don't see every day that is for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are few more photos. We also had a small memorial for Ruth and Doss and there wasn't a dry eye when it was over. I know they both were watching from on high and of course Doss would be telling anyone within range that one only needed two types of bayonet in their collection (straight and curved guard), and of course Ruth would have that big smile on her face watching everyone enjoying her cooking. Trey and Roy both did an outstanding job with the memorial.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did I say anything about the great food that was there?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.