Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas. I never had to list a gun on any of the auction sites that I decided to sell. I usually just post them on the P38 Forum. Plus, I know most of the fellas there and can trust them. But, I reluctantly decided to sell my VZ 52/57 and no one there would be interested.

Has anyone had good luck with the FS section on GunBoards? I certainly can't afford to give it away. Maybe an auction is the only way to go? How can you tell if the interested party is legit and trustworthy? Thoughts?

Thanks, Dave

·
Diamond Bullet Member
805 Posts
I've sold several rifles and pistols on the trader with no problems. I had one person back out once but there was two or three other people wanting the rifle so it was no big deal. Just make sure you get a signed copy of there FFL and if they send a personal check, hold off shipping until it clears. Getting their home phone # is a good idea. I usually only accept postal money orders or cashiers checks. I've read about some deals that went bad on the negative feedback forum but for the most part you shouldn't have a problem. You also save the commision fees the auctions charge. I'd say that 99.5% of the members are really great guys and easy to deal with.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I agree. The FS site here is a great place to buy and sell everything firearm related. I've used it many many times over the years and not once did I ever have an issue. Just set the price you want and put it up. Make sure you provide some good pics.

One thing I will suggest is this. Ask anyone who has decided to by it place the words " I'll take it" in their reply to you at the forum. The first guy to types that gets it at the price you've asked. Quite often, with popular items priced well, there will be a few fellas who want to get in on the action and I hate to disappoint anyone. So, the first "I'll take it" wins the purchase. Then, after you communicate with them, you'll be able to edit your post to say "sold, pending funds" or something like that. If the deal goes south for any reason, you can either relist or contact any other interested buyers. This has worked well for me.

Good luck. A rifle like that will have great intererst as they rarely come up for sale. Just price it fairly and you'll find a buyer quickly.

Rome

·
Gold Bullet member
1,337 Posts
Good advice from both! I have never sold anything on the trader board, but have bought several rifles. I send a copy of my C&R and a USPO Money Order. Everything is legal and the funds are legit. The sellers have been good guys, with honest descriptions and prompt shipping.
The VZ52/57 will be gone within hours of posting!
Good luck!

Dean (the other one)

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Photos Help...

If you have a good digital camera, take both overall and detail pix and post them on an online hosting site like photobucket - that's the one I use but there are several out there. Then you just copy the HTML code provided and paste it into your post. Make sure that they are sized no more than about 800 pixels across or they "stretch" the window.
Once you get the hang of it it's really easy, and I've found that it really helps to sell things on auction sites as well as to illustrate my points when posting here.

Using a basic photo editing program (I use a French Freeware "Photo Filtere" which is a dandy for the price!) you can crop, edit, label, and tweak your images to make them more attractive and effective.

If you're still back in the 35mm film ages, just scan the prints after you get them developed (I guess they still do that somewhere...) and post those.

I agree that you shouldn't have any problem selling that VZ-52/57; they are really appreciating in collector value, and shooters value their ability to fire the common 7.62 X 39mm round.

I have a VZ-52, and have fun fabricating ammo (X45) out of other cases etc.. some of us are weird enough to actually enjoy that sort of thing!

·
Registered
863 Posts
vz52/57...............762x39

i might be interedted, i have a vz52 762x45 what were you looking for a trade are sale ,the folks on the buy boards are good guys 98% i have been on the boards for 4 yrs and A + feedbacks.

my i see a couple pics and price before you place on the boards.

thank you very much.

moreguns

my email is listed in discription.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thanks everyone! I sincerely appreciate the advise and interest. "Moreguns", I am sorry, but since we are not permitted to sell on this thread heading, I can't reply to your request.

But, I plan to take pictures and post it FS on the GunBoards WTS heading this Sunday afternoon. I can at least give the Czech friends of mine a "heads-up" I hope!! And please be advised, I can't give this away so no one is going to get a steal. I bought it for big bucks not too long ago to shoot, but since mags are almost impossible to find, I decided to sell it and look for an original Russian SKS.

Thank you all for your kindness! sincerely, Dave

·
Gold Bullet member
1,337 Posts
Dave, just a thought. They only made the CZ52/57 for a couple of years. They just aren't making them anymore, and they are not common. Russian Sks's are probably a third in value, ($95 when the Russians were dumping them on the market in the 90's). Both have 10 round magazines. The SKS has a fixed magazine and was designed to loaded from a stripper clip. It's your Vz 52/57, and I know you will make someone very happy when you put it up for sale. Me, I would keep it AND buy the SKS, then see if you still want to sell the 52/57.
Good luck!

Dean (the other one)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, Dean, ya just don't know my wife. hahahahaha To tell the truth, I was planning on having one 7.62x39 rifle and the VZ fit the bill for milled receiver, original military (no parts-gun or BATF-screwed with gun), and detachable mags. Well, besides the detachable mags, an original Russian is half the price. And, being as I can't find mags for it anyhow, might as well go with an original Russian and I owe the Mrs. the balance-+ $$ anyhow. So, I appreciate the thoughts, but it has to go. Thanks!! Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts