Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sellier & Bellot® Rifle Ammunition is it any good, I'm thinking of getting some in .303 Brit, I'm just wondering how it is, because it's price is very tempting and in .303 Brit is it the chordite or regular?

·
Registered
512 Posts
My p14 likes it and so does a no4 mk1. If you are planning on reloading you might be better off getting Privi, better brass. Aim has the Privi for under $10 per box when you buy ten boxes.
Ken

·
Registered
182 Posts
Haven't had much experience with their rifle ammo, but their pistol ammo is stellar, and I've reloaded the brass MANY times without incident. GOOD STUFF!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I picked up my S&B 303 from Sportsman Guide last for $8 per box of 20, now it's $12. I would go with AIM and get the Privi 303, much better deal.
Ken

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is the PRIVI in soft point? because my No.4 Mk1* (LB_FTR) is my main hunting rifle and FMJ's are no good to me because of this,
Note: it's original, no Lame sporterizing jobs or customization at all, I bought it for what it is and I've had the best luck/expierence with it out of any firearm I have/ have shot, besides the M1 Garand,(shot 1 enbloc, not mine) whoa never relized how good that was, (even though I perfer my No.4, lol)

·
Registered
50 Posts
The S&B is good stuff, shoots well in every Enfield I've tried it in so far. If you have a worn throat you may have some problems since it's a boattailed bullet.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think I do, I'm usually shooting Winchester 180 Gr and I believe they're boattailed, with those I'm getting excellent accuracy it's just wicked exspensive around here, 25 bucks a box

·
Registered
574 Posts
S&b .303

I've shot lots of the 174 grain FMJ stuff from S&B, and I'm very happy with it. I've shot in my Lewis Gun, a P14, and a SMLE, it worked great in all of them. Unless I heard wrong, I was told that S&B (who's actually Czech) contracted with Prvi in Yugo to make the .303 for them in the first place, so I think they're actually coming from the same place.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh, ok, yeah I found the S&B stuff from a website my Grandfather gave me, (http://www.sportsmanguide.com) and well I figure 15 bucks (14.27 exact + shipping) is better then the 25 I'm usually spending, and I if what you're telling me is true dwmmg08 then if I like the S&B I'll have to check out the PRIVI

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol, I repeat my 2nd question is the S&B and PRIVI ammo loaded with regular grain somkeless or the chordite? (I'm just curious)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure what it is loaded with but it shots good out of all of my enfields. Eight at last count. Both S&B and Prvi were bought because it is reloadable. I average 3 reloads out of each before the cases are junk. I get 8-9 reloads out of Winchester and Remmington brass.

·
Registered
182 Posts
S&B and Winchester

In 7.62x54R Winchester and S&B are the same thing. Look on the back of the Winchester box, it will say "Made in Czech Republic". PRVI is made in Serbia, and is the same as the Wolf Gold brand. They had some NC brass/boxer at CDNN for awhile, that looks very much like Igman, and ALL of these are good NC brass/boxer, I've had no issues with any of it. I've got some once fired x54R S&B brass that I haven't used yet, and some of the Igman once fired brass that I have used for a couple more firings, it is still in great shape. None of it is Lapua, but for the price, it is well worth it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts