Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only ever parted with one gun---- so far---- that literally ripped part of my beating heart out of my chest to get rid of.

I traded away a P-26 dragoon (one of less than a dozen I think known to exist) that to this day keeps me up at night occasionally trying to plot a way to get it back from the owner's icy grip.

I was very happy with what I got in return, but damn it hurt!!!!

What is your seller's remorse sob story for the ages??

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
H.S. Marshal that was a gift to me from some friends - Partial traded it for a Ruger MKII Bull Barrel - The Ruger was stolen one month after I got it, so the H.S. Marshal probably would have been stolen as well....but I should never have traded it off. With that trade I also traded off a worn, abused, well used S&W Model 17, early one. My dad gave it to me. After the S&W trade, I felt like I left my only child behind....

Years later, Mom and I were walking around the Fall Packwood flea market....Just about the whole town is a flea market, both Labor Day and Memorial Day weekends - there on a table, lay my old S&W....I snapped it up for a modest $150.00, could not believe my luck - Still waiting to find a decent H.S. Marshal with box for a reasonable price...

·
Administrator
3,480 Posts
I never sell anything so I don't have any regrets there. I DO regret not buying several things however!

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Dragunov I had to sell in order to buy probably the best example of Swedish M/41b I have ever seen.... Worst off, I sold it few weeks before Sandy Hook for $5k, right after the tragedy I had $10K offers (multiples) on it. Truth to the matter, its not the money - it was the best most accurate semi-auto rifle I have ever shot, so I missed that.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
The mint prewar Walther PPK with full Nazi markings, holster and bringback letter I sold for $400 years back when I thought I was getting a great deal, to the same buyer I sold my vintage Rolex collection to at now stupid low prices. Wait, maybe the Rolex collection is now causing me more regrets...or the large silver dollar collection my father gave me as a boy that I sold to buy a dumb car for almost nothing in the 1970s (my father could have killed me!)...or the R-Type Bentley I sold in 1974 for $4500 and thought $1000 was a great profit...this is getting too painful! I won't even bring up the gun buys I didn't make ($600 for a matched pair of first model single action Colts come to mind along with a box of early Winchesters at $150 apiece or the cased Manton dueling pistols for $540...) and then there were the unframed Calder and Miro lithographs I could have bought for $70 back in 1973...aaaah! It gets worse - the leather-cased English black powder .500 Nitro Express double rifle when I didn't bring the $1000 (cash only, no checks) at the country auction one sad day....why are you torturing me?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I sold my last can of Grizzly wintergreen to a buddy when we were in Fallujah for $100 because everyone was out of tobacco at the time. I knew I screwed up immediately when I realized I really couldn't buy anything or even cared to in that sh!t hole.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I actually felt like he exploited me! After begging and begging for hours and offering everything besides his mother I caved and sold it to him. I regretted it after, as I started having my own cravings and tried to get him to sell me one pinch for $20 and he wouldn't do it! Anyway, he was a squad member and we always exchanged money back and fourth state-side (mostly for alcohol on the weekends).

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Blue 66 GTO tri-power/4 speed and my SVT38.
The near mint all matching k98k's throb a bit too.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.