Gunboards Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,823 Posts
Used to be in Va and IIRC N.C. one only needed to paint a white stripe on trees at ones property lines which meant stay away, posted, no hunting ECT. In Fl. now , can’t take any cold weather anymore.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Cold weather is well on its way here in western Montana after a hot summer with many days in the mid to high 90's. I don't know how or when they arrived but yesterday I saw four young men in a small town near my home who couldn't speak any English only Spanish. I was told they were working in the woods cutting brush for one of the logging companies in the area. That company must have paid to have them moved from Texas to Montana for working in the woods. I wonder how many more will soon follow.

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
yeah, no idea about the purple marking on trees, and i've lived all over. I was used to blue or yellow 'tape' wrapped around a tree for forestry stuff.
Presently living in Washington state, and never moving again unless they carry me out (is the plan).
its purple here land barons all around ignored! till confrontation

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Purple paint is the marker for posted land in PA. I used my laser range finder to make up a range card for my out buildings from my home. A rifle easily reaches the farther buildings. Closer in, a 12 gauge and #4 buckshot will take care of stuff, especially at night. Inside the house, the M1911 is boss.

Webley

61 - 64 of 64 Posts