Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
59,089 Posts
never heard of tree marking with purple dots,

the state park used to mark the boundary by trimming the bark (esp on pines) about shoulder high and painting a yellow stripe,

otherwise, not seen anything,

clearing a lot usually has the trees to be cut down painted with an X,

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts

the state park used to mark the boundary by trimming the bark (esp on pines) about shoulder high and painting a yellow stripe,

otherwise, not seen anything,

clearing a lot usually has the trees to be cut down painted with an X,
here purple bands spray paint timber cutting companies marking end of lease<><

·
Banned
18,170 Posts
"Read The Rules", from my post #35, above.
A more polite way of saying RTI (Read The Instructions)
Lets face it if there's no "standard" its easily misunderstood.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
There have been times when an armed intruder has wandered onto my property and become belligerent when asked to leave, (just because my property isn't posted doesn't mean you can legally tresspass and that you don't have to leave when I tell you too). The police are a good 10 minutes away and don't consider trespassing high priority.

I was mostly talking about making sure you get out and actually measure the distances in an around your home you might find yourself shooting at. I was quite surprised to discover by how much I was overestimating the distance both inside and outside my home.
A lot of folks are sorely lacking in the ability to accurately estimate distance!

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts
i would rethink the rifle has no place in your plans. WRONG. every good home or any other kind of defense needs an AR15 with plenty of stuffed mags. "they" start attacking your house at 100 to 105 yards, what are your plans, hunker down till they run out of ammo? shotgun or pistol to protect yourself. i don't think so.
I'm old'''
be very old by the time supplies ran out...
tired moving containers...
id die from exhausting death...haaa

Reactions: 130784

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts
dog engages first as a distraction,
solar sensors A/B/C different tones parts of property in 50-yard coverage.
. awaiting on table to be installed...
tree leaves, sun directions coverages i have to figure.
solar motion detectors lights high lights areas.
visual locator.
time savers.
all the tree cutting i had done two years' worth readied more visual controls.

crack heads, drugged doters...unconstitutional, anti-civil rights...
end here at the bullet proof pill box designed garbage ben!!
unrested individualism stands at everyone's property lines...
don't you think?

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
As far as I know the color used here in Florida is "international orange", I don't know if it has been changed to purple.
I suggest you go back and read the law. What I see is that orange is what the letters of a sign must be. Now some counties could further extend the definition.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Chapter 810
BURGLARY AND TRESPASS
View Entire Chapter
CHAPTER 810
BURGLARY AND TRESPASS

2.a. Conspicuous no trespassing notice is painted on trees or posts on the property, provided that the notice is:
(I) Painted in an international orange color and displaying the stenciled words “No Trespassing” in letters no less than 2 inches high and 1 inch wide either vertically or horizontally;
(II) Placed so that the bottom of the painted notice is not less than 3 feet from the ground or more than 5 feet from the ground; and
(III) Placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than 500 feet apart on agricultural land.
b. When a landowner uses the painted no trespassing posting to identify a “no trespassing” area, those painted notices shall be accompanied by signs complying with subparagraph 1. and placed conspicuously at all places where entry to the property is normally expected or known to occur.
(b) It shall not be necessary to give notice by posting on any enclosed land or place not exceeding 5 acres in area on which there is a dwelling house in order to obtain the benefits of ss. 810.09 and 810.12 pertaining to trespass on enclosed lands.
(6) “Cultivated land” is that land which has been cleared of its natural vegetation and is presently planted with a crop, orchard, grove, pasture, or trees or is fallow land as part of a crop rotation.
(7) “Fenced land” is that land which has been enclosed by a fence of substantial construction, whether with rails, logs, post and railing, iron, steel, barbed wire, other wire, or other material, which stands at least 3 feet in height. For the purpose of this chapter, it shall not be necessary to fence any boundary or part of a boundary of any land which is formed by water.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I suggest you go back and read the law. What I see is that orange is what the letters of a sign must be. Now some counties could further extend the definition.
I suggest you go back and read what I printed instead of getting all butt-hurt. I have not contradicted anything you printed. The purple paint law was proposed about four years ago and I do not know if it was enacted or not, or what, if any specs on lettering on a sign there may be.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
I suggest you go back and read what I printed instead of getting all butt-hurt. I have not contradicted anything you printed. The purple paint law was proposed about four years ago and I do not know if it was enacted or not, or what, if any specs on lettering on a sign there may be.
Well is here is what you wrote:
''As far as I know the color used here in Florida is "international orange", I don't know if it has been changed to purple. "

Strange reaction. People here are talking about painting trees and such with X's, marks or dots and not lettered no trespassing signs.
Example below:

Lyman1903 said:

I assumed you were following the previous conversation about marking trees and such and not trespassing signs. It appears you were not for some reason. I guess you should read what everyone wrote before going into uncalled for obscenities. No good reason to use obscenities regardless Sir
And that phrase that you used is not a polite response for a gentleman and I stand by everything that I said and am so sorry that you think I have been lol from reading what you wrote-sodomized which is generally what that phrase means.
If I am in error I do apologize Sir.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Well is here is what you wrote:
''As far as I know the color used here in Florida is "international orange", I don't know if it has been changed to purple. "

Strange reaction. People here are talking about painting trees and such with X's, marks or dots and not lettered no trespassing signs.
Example below:

I assumed you were following the previous conversation about marking trees and such and not trespassing signs. It appears you were not for some reason. I guess you should read what everyone wrote before going into uncalled for obscenities. No good reason to use obscenities regardless Sir
And that phrase that you used is not a polite response for a gentleman and I stand by everything that I said and am so sorry that you think I have been lol from reading what you wrote-sodomized which is generally what that phrase means.
If I am in error I do apologize Sir.
What obscenities have I used in our conversation, or a conversation with anyone on this forum?! I'm done with you, I will I not waste my time arguing like children.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Not sure about the longer ranges, I would consult your local law enforcement about how the courts would determine self defense cases beyond the immediate surroundings of your house.
You raise a a very good point that I have gotten into trouble in another forum that was advocating 800 yard plus shooting people. In Florida you only employ deadly force in defense of life, yours or someone else's.
I can see under a world without rule of law shooting a raider at hundreds of yards, but as things are now i doubt that the authorities would sign off on it except for very special circumstances. From ground level once can not see 300 yards due to the terrain and vegetation.

·
Administrator
18,338 Posts
How would you know that they are a raider at that kind of distance? I can't judge the content of a person's character at 300 or 800 yards. I'm more concerned about a person on my side of the wire who says they would shoot people they don't know from 800 yards than I am about any strangers approaching my position. I think that person is unstable and overly fearful and therefore not trustworthy.

• Wow
Reactions: DK PHILLIPS

·
Administrator
3,264 Posts
yeah, no idea about the purple marking on trees, and i've lived all over. I was used to blue or yellow 'tape' wrapped around a tree for forestry stuff.
Presently living in Washington state, and never moving again unless they carry me out (is the plan).

·
Administrator
3,264 Posts
Not a big fan of abbreviations. There's too many potential meanings to ensure that everyone understands it the way you meant it. What does RTR stand for?
After I retired from the army in 2000, I worked for a consulting firm as a HIPAA security guy. We had a group meeting and Doctor Muhammad asked the group what PCP meant, I said, I am sure something else, but its a drug for me. for her, it was Patient Chart something and another person with a nurse background said something else. So, acronyms are something that needs to be spelled out in writing and then use it (was my lesson). :D

Reactions: 130784
41 - 60 of 63 Posts