Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
the lights behind them...........im in the dark!

shooting a home intruder at 100 yards? is going to put you in a world of explanation on the hot seat!:cry: here in WVa.
as to "the" why you felt threatened at that safe distance? and didn't call 911 and stay bolted in the house till the police arrived..... that being said....SHTF is different.
Lazar distanced marked trees...85 yards and closer.....300 mag. for all other distances up to 300 yards line of sight eyed out.. all to do is aim and shoot, no hold over required.
in my house all wall sockets have night lights in them.....every entry way is back lit except behind me and the bed rooms.:)

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
i got your thoughts down now....i have measured access ways up behind the home stead ....and road approaches many years ago..rifle shots neighborer shoots up behind his house too..a vet...a medically retired police officer...no one will get back up the hills. or past our houses.
the other officer lives down off the road 300 yards away.

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
range isn't that important to 300 yards.......for my 300. win mag. on 6 foot targets that are two foot wide ... or ground hogs either!

Reactions: plonker

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
been saving not Sharpe can lids from my new can opener.
this summer>
spraying them bright orange and screwing to trees line outlining my hunting trail up in mts.
making trails easy walking brush already cut!
rest will be placed and Lazard for distance. replacing older rusted / gone.
mapping my home stead shooting zones distances...pistol, rifle
things to do think about, locked down, like if were having to lock down broken arrow style thoughts defending homestead? <><

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
I happen to like pistol caliber carbines for defense. They seem to have lost favor in the last several years but I still like them for intermediate ranges, especially if they use the same magazines as your pistol in the same caliber.

Not everyone knows that purple paint spots on trees means no trespassing and no hunting beyond this point. It's a country thing, and some of you have already mentioned (griped about) city people moving to your remote communities. Those transplants won't know about the purple spots, won't know they were trespassing until you have them proned out on the ground with their ankles crossed and palms up and waiting for the sheriff. Probably better just not to confront or shoot at trespassers who are too far away to identify and converse with. Might just be the new neighbor who was chasing his dog. AmmoSgt hasn't been around for a while so some of you may never have heard of her, but she advocated stringing cameras with intercoms to various sectors of your property / acreage, and having line of sight to the cameras from an over-watch position so you could communicate with trespassers / strangers / interlopers to find out who they were and what their intentions were. Now they have these remote doorbell camera systems with the 2 way talk feature so it should be easier to do than it was many years ago when you'd actually have to string cable through the trees. Somebody walks past the camera the light starts blinking and you're talking to them from your phone through the camera. "Hello, you're trespassing on private property and your picture has been recorded." "Please leave." Or, if you want to know why they are there you can ask them and hope they tell the truth. Much cleaner and less legal hassle that way.
one of my best cameras at drive paper box, garbage container>
where out of house conversation/confirmation> has sound solar wireless>infer-red night clarity supported with a monition> solar lights for night filming enhancement tied into next door police his system monitored by phone alarm alert entering property down to dog size movement's > amen!
sign under says> "nothing worth your life stealing here:

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
There have been times when an armed intruder has wandered onto my property and become belligerent when asked to leave, (just because my property isn't posted doesn't mean you can legally tresspass and that you don't have to leave when I tell you too). The police are a good 10 minutes away and don't consider trespassing high priority.

I was mostly talking about making sure you get out and actually measure the distances in an around your home you might find yourself shooting at. I was quite surprised to discover by how much I was overestimating the distance both inside and outside my home.
thats why i checked it years back and updated after clear cutting<>< tin led tops orange will be added seen from windows distancing recorded<><

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
installing alarm solar sensor 3# points on property. pathways drive,
blind spot back of house,
left of right-side overlooking frontals<><
almost 340 degrees cameras covering overages!
not finished solar motion lights supporting same!<><

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
never heard of tree marking with purple dots,

the state park used to mark the boundary by trimming the bark (esp on pines) about shoulder high and painting a yellow stripe,

otherwise, not seen anything,

clearing a lot usually has the trees to be cut down painted with an X,
here purple bands spray paint timber cutting companies marking end of lease<><

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
i would rethink the rifle has no place in your plans. WRONG. every good home or any other kind of defense needs an AR15 with plenty of stuffed mags. "they" start attacking your house at 100 to 105 yards, what are your plans, hunker down till they run out of ammo? shotgun or pistol to protect yourself. i don't think so.
I'm old'''
be very old by the time supplies ran out...
tired moving containers...
id die from exhausting death...haaa

Reactions: 130784

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
dog engages first as a distraction,
solar sensors A/B/C different tones parts of property in 50-yard coverage.
. awaiting on table to be installed...
tree leaves, sun directions coverages i have to figure.
solar motion detectors lights high lights areas.
visual locator.
time savers.
all the tree cutting i had done two years' worth readied more visual controls.

crack heads, drugged doters...unconstitutional, anti-civil rights...
end here at the bullet proof pill box designed garbage ben!!
unrested individualism stands at everyone's property lines...
don't you think?

·
Silver Bullet member
55,498 Posts
yeah, no idea about the purple marking on trees, and i've lived all over. I was used to blue or yellow 'tape' wrapped around a tree for forestry stuff.
Presently living in Washington state, and never moving again unless they carry me out (is the plan).
its purple here land barons all around ignored! till confrontation

1 - 12 of 12 Posts