Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I acquired two handguns that I’d like to take to the range more often but need some parts replaced. Searching around the internet hasn’t yielded many reputable sources and the ones I did find have been out of stock.

Firearm: Star Model B 9MM Parabellum
Part Needed: Slide stop
Problem: Slide stop walks out during prolonged range trips

Firearm: Ballester Molina
Part Needed: Magazine Catch
Problem: Catch is worn out and drops magazine when tapped with force on the side of the frame

Thanks in advance for any sources and recommendations

·
Registered
68 Posts
Parts for Spanish pistols are hard to come by and many that are available are used and some are in bad condition. I bought a Star BM and liked it so much I bought another one just in case I needed parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parts for Spanish pistols are hard to come by and many that are available are used and some are in bad condition. I bought a Star BM and liked it so much I bought another one just in case I needed parts.
Thanks ... if my search this year turns out to be futile I may be forced to go that route.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I gave a slide stop away not long ago, you guys need to get into the S and D frames I have lots of parts for them. Try taking your Star mag release out and see if it will interchange with the Balister...I have an extra one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Much appreciated folks. Going to check these out. I’ll take a look at the mag release on the Star as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mag catch on the Star will not interchange with the Ballester. The sizing is not alike.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

I’ll start contacting the shops referred. Many thanks everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts