Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
9,178 Posts
The Finn's I've examined at my local gun show and a couple of outlying gun stores typically have ruined bores. The original owners probably shot corrosive milsurp ammo and did not clean up afterwards. I've also come across some M27's missing their 2-stage triggers, and M39's missing their anti-jam magazines.

·
Gold Bullet member
9,178 Posts
My theory: the millenials, Gen X, etc. are experiencing the "Walmart Hangover": i.e. sobering up to the fact that they are spending their money on cheap junk that falls apart before the installment payments are finished. So now they are turning to durable value. These new gun buyers know only about shooting and marksmanship from video games and YouTube videos where some guru wearing his cap backwards teaches them all of the tricks. So these "urban commandos" proceed to their local ranges or some open space and blaze away, only to find they can't hit anything. This is the era of instant gratification, and the "urban commandos" are not going to undertake the arduous process of learning the art of marksmanship. Obviously, there must be something wrong with the rifle, so it's time to bubba.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts