Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
40,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knew Sean Hannity had it in him? But don't go thinking about laser eyes and Hannity in blue spandex with the rest of the X-Men just yet. When Sean Hannity says he has "evolved," he's not talking about mutant super powers. He's talking about his stance on immigration.

Hannity has decided not all immigrants are bad and that some should be allowed to stay in the U.S. Or, at least, he will think that as soon as the U.S. fixes another immigration related problem. "I think you control the border first," he said on his radio show Thursday evening. "You create a pathway for those people that are here — you don’t say you’ve got to go home. And that is a position that I’ve evolved on." This is Hannity's way of endorsing Obama's executive order allowing illegal immigrants to stay in the country if they meet certain conditions. The things an election can change

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
Pretty obvious that this was a non-issue, that there never would be mass deportations and that (gasp) Obama's tactic of concentrating on deporting criminals is correct. Yours truly pretty much ignored the xenophobes but also posted that there's no way all illegals would ever get deported.

Our neglect of border security has allowed the issue to get completely out of hand, and the only feasible way out of the mess is a reboot, to amnesty and green cards for anyone meeting residency requirements, a path to citizenship for those who can make a contribution to our nation, and then STRICT BORDER CONTROL AND IMMEDIATE DEPORTATION.

No more of what got us into this after the last amnesty: Relaxing, cutting the Border Patrol, and letting sharp immigration lawyers jam up the deportation system.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
40,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rub on the illegals is that Americans love to employ them. No? They work hard and don't complain much-at least not in English.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
40,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meanwhile, in an interview with ABC News' Diane Sawyer, House Speaker John Boehner said he is "confident" the two parties can agree to a deal on immigration.
"This issue has been around far too long," Boehner said. "A comprehensive approach is long overdue, and I'm confident that the president, myself, others can find the common ground to take care of this issue once and for all."
Just two years ago, Boehner said it was worth considering amending the U.S. Constitution to end birthright citizenship, because he said it might discourage people from illegally crossing the border.

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
47,654 Posts
The rub on the illegals is that Americans love to employ them. No? They work hard and don't complain much-at least not in English.
Yeah...and they suppress wages, and the benefits they don't get from employers come straight from our government.
"You" are subsidizing them. You understand that right?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
40,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Yeah...and they suppress wages, and the benefits they don't get from employers come straight from our government.
"You" are subsidizing them. You understand that right?"

Oh, I understand that all righty roo. My comment really is that some folks are quite willing to complain, but still employ them. Not a few months back, Alabama went on a frenzy of illegal alien pogrom. Well, they soon found out not many folks wanted to gut and clean chickens for minimum wage and no benefits. The chicken processing folks had a Come to Jesus moment about that and had to "evolve", so to speak. Not "our illegals"; those illegals hiding behind the tree.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
7,961 Posts
Boehner said. "A comprehensive approach is long overdue, and I'm confident that the president, myself, others can find the common ground to take care of this issue once and for all."
Just two years ago, Boehner said it was worth considering amending the U.S. Constitution to end birthright citizenship, because he said it might discourage people from illegally crossing the border.
These two positions are not mutually exclusive.

·
7,961 Posts
"Yeah...and they suppress wages, and the benefits they don't get from employers come straight from our government.
"You" are subsidizing them. You understand that right?"

Oh, I understand that all righty roo. My comment really is that some folks are quite willing to complain, but still employ them. Not a few months back, Alabama went on a frenzy of illegal alien pogrom. Well, they soon found out not many folks wanted to gut and clean chickens for minimum wage and no benefits. The chicken processing folks had a Come to Jesus moment about that and had to "evolve", so to speak. Not "our illegals"; those illegals hiding behind the tree.
If plants like that are capitalizing the gains from hiring illegals and socializing the costs (educating their kids in public schools and providing other public services) then I don't see why the community should miss them if they decide to go elsewhere. Why not just process the chickens in Mexico?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
40,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are solvable; if we can set aside extreme partisanship on both sides BTW. This may be doable since the election hype and hysteria dies down and Congress and President Obama face real problems that need real world solutions. My fear is that the Dems with success will turn more to the left and the Pubs with defeat will turn further to the right. Some folks would rather be pure than effective.

·
7,961 Posts
They are solvable; if we can set aside extreme partisanship on both sides BTW. This may be doable since the election hype and hysteria dies down and Congress and President Obama face real problems that need real world solutions. My fear is that the Dems with success will turn more to the left and the Pubs with defeat will turn further to the right. Some folks would rather be pure than effective.
The dems moved left after the Kerry defeat and it has been VERY effective for them.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
40,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am a Dem and I wonder how long that will be "effective". There are so many variables to an election cycle that I think both parties "learn" the wrong lessons? There are many disconnects. I saw someone post here that 75% (?) of Americans polled were against Obamacare. Yet, the election went to President Obama and not to Romney who said he would end it.

""It's pretty clear that the president was re-elected," House Speaker John Boehner said in an interview with ABC News Thursday. "Obamacare is the law of the land."

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
Now that obummer got re-elected, that may solve the problem, since the illegals will be moving back to Mexico for a "better life"

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,637 Posts
Thereby depriving Legal Americans of jobs.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
40,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exactly. The employers know this as well. They continue to do it because it if profitable.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Yeah...and they suppress wages, and the benefits they don't get from employers come straight from our government.
"You" are subsidizing them. You understand that right?
Uh, don't forget that they (wish I had a penny for every illegal, non-compliant diabetic that was admitted to various ERs that I've worked over the years) tend to utilize the nearest available Emergency Department as their personal 24 hour/365 day clinic without any intention of paying a dime for delivered health care since they're very aware of EMTALA. I personally know of two rural hospitals in Texas that suspended their ED's to remain solvent in the hope of providing some in-patient services to their respective local communities. If all else fails, I suppose the Federal Goobermint can hike the marginal tax rate on the so-called wealthy folks (200/250K for single/family respecitively) in this country to 75 percent like France...

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Exactly. The employers know this as well. They continue to do it because it if profitable.
and obviously, your party regards them as reliable voting base for decades to come, eh? How come we don't ever hear about the union folks or at the very least, their leadership pitching a hissy fit concerning this situation? Well, and what about those crooks who run the SEIU?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts