Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bolt doesn't match but the rest of the metal does. Hard to make out the date under the cartouche in the stock it is a Tula marked stock.. Has the early style barrel bands. Marked " Made in USSR" on the receiver flat. It does not have any Communist markings on the barrel or the receiver that are typical of the later dated SCW rifles I have seen. It's in decent shape for where it came from. Picked this up about 12 years ago at a small show for 150.00, just paid the guy. It was a great deal even back then.
Cylinder Drink Tin Liquid Bottle
Publication Handwriting Book Cylinder Font
Musical instrument Trigger Wood Shotgun Bicycle part
Wood Trigger Shotgun Bag Hardwood
Door Wood Household hardware Circle Hardwood
Wood Tool Hardwood Household hardware Metal
Wood Hardwood Gas Wood stain Metal
Auto part Cylinder Metal Household hardware Wood
Musical instrument Wood Trigger Air gun Shotgun
Wood Helmet Musical instrument Door handle Table

·
Registered
502 Posts
I like it, and very original for a SCW rifle. I also have a 1933 Tula 91/30 that served in Spain. Mine is in a Spanish made stock with Spanish cleaning rod and completely mismatched. It also does not have any communist markings on the receiver flat

·
Registered
188 Posts
What communist markings would it have? The hammer and sickle in wreath on the barrel is an exclusively Izhevsk thing. They only put it on the receiver flat during m91 and Dragoon production, and early at that if I remember right.

·
Registered
502 Posts
What communist markings would it have? The hammer and sickle in wreath on the barrel is an exclusively Izhevsk thing. They only put it on the receiver flat during m91 and Dragoon production, and early at that if I remember right.
The early soviet Tulas have the hammer marking. I’m not sure when they stopped using it but obviously by 1932 it appears they stopped

·
Registered
188 Posts
The early soviet Tulas have the hammer marking. I’m not sure when they stopped using it but obviously by 1932 it appears they stopped
They used the big hammer mark early, like 1919 ish, then a script, then went to the little star with 5 lines of text and a hammer on the receiver where the eagle used to be. They also used small hammer marks as inspection marks pre-‘28, I’m pretty sure in the Imperial days too. The hammer isn’t a Commie symbol in this case, it was part of the Coat of Arms of the city of Tula at least as far back as the reign of Catherine II, probably earlier.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My mistake,I thought all 91/30 of Soviet mfg at this time had the small Communist crest on the barrel and receiver flat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts