Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a redundant post but I put it as a reply to an old post and wasn't sure if it was going to be seen there so am posting again. Well It's been a long time but I have finally finished the sculpture! It is in bronze coated resin. It has been accepted into the National Sculpture Society's 88th annual awards show in South Carolina. I tried to put in some shots of the rifles. Thanks again to all here who helped me out.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Nicely done!

Reactions: Scojohn

·
Registered
295 Posts
A HAUNTING image of The Great War, and the horrors of the trenches, to be sure. My heartiest congratulations on a piece WELL executed!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Nice work, do you have any formal training? I attended the Md Institute College of Art and the work done at the Rhinehart School of Sculpture was fantastic. You have a good eye, keep it up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice work, do you have any formal training? I attended the Md Institute College of Art and the work done at the Rhinehart School of Sculpture was fantastic. You have a good eye, keep it up.
Thanks. My mentor was Stanley Bleifeld who did the Naval memorial "The Lone Sailor" in Washington and other places.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Evokes the feel of clinging mud and wet - pleasant to see representatives of the Allied infantry on the Western front. Best wishes for the competition and good luck.
One minor detail, IMO from observations of WWI veterans and as a former pipe smoker, is that the pipes would be inverted in such a situation - bowl downwards.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,330 Posts
Beautiful!

Reactions: Scojohn
1 - 20 of 33 Posts