Gunboards Forums banner

Scout Mounts, LER Scopes for M96

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  para554877 
#1 ·
I can't find the threads that dealt with the pros and cons of various scout mounts and LER/pistol scopes for the M96. I am ready to buy but need help. I do not want to permanently alter the rifle in any way. I wear glasses and am drawing Social Security, so you can figure my eyes are not what they used to be.

#6 ·
I put an S&K mount on this CG m/96. I use the 2-7x32 NcStar. It's working just fine for me so far. (sorry, only picture I have)

and I was able to do this consistently:

Just, if you do mount this S&K on your rifle, once it's zeroed in, loctite every screw!! Some of my screws came loose and that fixed it right up.

metzgeri

#7 ·
Just got on to Howard at S&K. A question to solidate what i allready think is right. Having a CG converted to M38 with t marked rear sight and narrow rear sight protector ears, I will need the Husqvarna mount? Did the Huskys have the narrower base?
Cheers
NED:confused:

#8 ·
If your asking which S&K mount (the CG or Husquvarna) you need, the issue is with which rear site base you have (CG or Husq.). Here's the two:

A CG Rear Sight Base:

A Husquvarna Rear Sight Base:

Distiquish between the two by the stepped base (on the CG) and extra "ears" on the rear end (on the Husquvarna).

metzgeri

#9 · (Edited)
Metzgeri, I found the NcStar website. The 2-7x32 scope has an eye relief of 8.7" to about 10.6". I have been trying to find out how long the eye relief must be. I was surprised to see the NcStar 4x32 has an eye relief of about 14"!!! That ought to be long enough for a gorilla with a pistol. Can you use the 7 power setting and still see the target OK?

Opps, just re-read Dutchman's post. He says the 4x32 NcStar has to come back further than the Tasco. I thought the NcStar had a really long eye relief. I think I have to learn more about eye relief.

#10 ·
Metzgeri, I found the NcStar website. The 2-7x32 scope has an eye relief of 8.7" to about 10.6". I have been trying to find out how long the eye relief must be. I was surprised to see the NcStar 4x32 has an eye relief of about 14"!!! That ought to be long enough for a gorilla with a pistol. Can you use the 7 power setting and still see the target OK?
Sure can. That target was "taken" :) with the scope set to 7 power. As with any low end scope (especially 32mm objective), you'll loose light with higher power. But, it's still easy enough to see the target.

I bought my here on the WTS board. However, CDNN and Cheaper than Dirt sell them....well, cheaper than dirt :D.

metzgeri

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.