Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to an R & K Gun Show in Lebanon, MO on Saturday. I bought what looks to be an unfired IJ70-18A with one mag for $200, out the door. He was asking $225 for it. It has cleaned up very nicely. He had another one with a leather holster and extra mag asking $249, but that gun had some appearance problems, worn finish and torn up grip.

I found and bought three extra Mak mags from another dealer for $45.

I saw four FEG PA-63s at the show. One was NIB for $199. The other three were all used and they were asking $225 to $250 for them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I went to an R & K Gun Show in Lebanon, MO on Saturday. I bought what looks to be an unfired IJ70-18A with one mag for $200, out the door. He was asking $225 for it. It has cleaned up very nicely. He had another one with a leather holster and extra mag asking $249, but that gun had some appearance problems, worn finish and torn up grip.
Two weeks ago I got my 1st Mak, a "new" IJ70-18A with extra mag and holster at the show in Largo, FL. It was the only Mak there and I was really pleased to get it -- even at $259 after a little haggling. Probably paid too much, but it was the 1st Mak I had ever seen and I was determined to make the plunge. I have several more now -- thanks to these message boards.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just got my first real mak yesterday. I have a polish p-64 which I like because of how flat it is, real easy to conceal. The Mak I bought at the Lakeland FL gunshow for $175. It is a Russian IZH 70 unfired with two mags. I bought it on a whim, I may keep it or send it down the road not sure yet. It sounds like I got a good buy on it, I paid what was asked I did not bargin the guy down on it.

Real sad story behind it, the guy who had it was diagnosed with late stage cancer and his friend was selling it for him because the guy was afraid he would shoot himself with it. Needless to say I just handed the guy $175 and said thank you.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Good hunting guys! Fun stuff. It's so exciting getting a new Mak. You guys need to post pics of the new arrivals. :D Love family pics. :cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Range Report

I took my newly acquired 9 X 18 Mak to the Bass Pro Range today. I fired 25 rounds of CCI Blazer. The first five were done one at a time (one round in the magazine). The first two were to check the functioning of the gun - perfect. Then three more one-at-a-time shots to sight it in. I had to raise the rear sight quite a bit to bring it up at 10 yards. I have found this to be the case with all four of my adjustable rear sight Maks. Then I fired four mags of five rounds each. All were in a six inch target circle at ten yards and the gun functioned flawlessly. I am well pleased with this and the three other Maks I own (two are in 380 and another 9 X 18). They can't be beat for price, reliability and being really fun to shoot. I thought I would be satisfied with this fourth Mak, but the flames of desire are burning again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts