Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions for a scope. I have a problem with my current scope set up where my finger gets pinched when i rotate my bolt up between the bolt and scope body. This makes it impossible to get a firm hold on the bolt handle. I can't move the scope any further forward on the mounts so I thought changing the scope is my best option.

Are there any suggestions if someone has experienced the same thing as I'm describing?

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
I'm really not the best informed to assist you on this subject. However, have you considered the possibility of other mounts? information concerning the specific scope and the mounts utilized might yield more accurate analyses.
My quick take.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I think you are just going to have to live with it. I have a mini Mauser that has the same problem, you have to open and manipulate the bolt with the palm of your hand and even then the scope gets in the way.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I shoot open sights out to 800 meters, on my center fire Argentine 1891 Mauser, Enfield No. 4, Mk.1, Mosin Nagant M91 and 91/30 rifles.

So, a scope might be fun when I find any targets " way out there". But, shooting a deer or hog means someone has to drag it back to the
vehicle to haul it out... so, I think I will stick with much shorter range shooting.

·
Silver Bullet member
52,950 Posts
What kind of mounts, scope power...
the smaller rear bells don't have that problem.....
higher new mounts of different design new scope is one way to go...
With out pictures were just guessing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts