Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be a good scope to put on the mosin nagant m91 1915
i be going deer hunting with it, with no scope just playing with the flip up but i have missed a couple nice bucks
so i guess i need help with the scope and mount

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
i'm assuming you're using a rear sight replacement scope mount.
that pretty much limits you to a long eye relief scope.
as to the scope, it depends on how deep your pockets run.
i personally like leupold scopes for something like this, but a simmons will work if you're on a tight budget.
lee

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
I do not know who makes a scout scope mount for a M-91, but there are plenty for 91/30's, M-38's, etc. You might consider trading some one for a M-38, plus cash that you can apply to a mount and scope. I personally have a 4x Simmons pistol scope on a 91/30 that works great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will sell it right now for about 800
becouse i just had a baby and i need money but if anyone wants it
i will have some pictures up in a couple days

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
If you want a good normal scope type mount that will not change the weapon much so as to stay away from the scout set up. (they tend to not hold zero well IMO) check with jmeck here on the boards he makes a mount similar to the PE style but you don't have to drill and tap or take out your rear sight. He also has them on Ebay. I think he has one on now starting at $50. You can also get a bent bolt on ebay too from a user named melbee. He has a 100% feedback score jmeck told me someone has the bolts starting at $29.95 on ebay. Of course you can get the NCStar scout mounts on Ebay as well. Note they are different than the M38/44 ones are. They are longer at the base. About $15-20 I think.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
maybe it is a ransom. $800 would have to be a remingtom or a NEW all matching numbers and never exported out the US with a flaming ball.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Another thing you can do is go to the range and zero in your front sight. If you are shooting left of where you aim but have a decent grouping then tap your front sight to the right a little and visa versa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts