366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Leupold ring mounts for HVA 1900?
Printed from: Gunboards
Topic URL: http://old.gunboards.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=217523
Printed on: 09/11/2007
Topic:
Topic author: foudufoot
Subject: What Leupold ring mounts for HVA 1900?
Posted on: 03/20/2007 10:32:04 PM
I just put Leupold mounts for a FN action on my 1900 and the front ring looks too low. Did I get the wrong mounts? Thanks, Dan
Replies:
Reply author: kriggevaer
Replied on: 03/20/2007 11:13:47 PM
Yup, Leupold doesn't have two piece mounts for the 1900, but they do have a one piece. Take a look here -
http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=214325
Reply author: SD Hunter
Replied on: 03/21/2007 01:13:32 AM
The Leupold number is 49989 for a one piece that works great. They should be very available. If you can't find them I have some extras. I have also used Weaver two piece but don't like them as much. The Connetrol are fantastic but spendy. And
Warne mounts and rings work well. If you get the quick release, don't get the ones with the levers. When you turn the levers they will hit the stock and scratch it. Get the ones with the round knobs. I have used both.

Good luck.
Reply author: foudufoot
Replied on: 03/21/2007 07:21:30 AM
Thanks guys! I should have come here instead of calling the clueless Leupold tech...
Reply author: HiWall
Replied on: 03/29/2007 07:01:01 AM
Another vote for the Conetrols. Fantastic bit of gear and the guys at Conetrol are great to work with.

My CG1900 with Conetrol Custum bases & ring, Leupold.

Download Attachment:
117.54 KB
Reply author: Pettson
Replied on: 03/29/2007 1:41:08 PM
And another one for Conetrol. It's not that I think they are better or stronger than anything else out there, but you can't beat the look of them when mated with a 1900. They go together so well you might suspect they were originally designed for that very rifle.

Pettson
Reply author: kriggevaer
Replied on: 03/29/2007 3:21:48 PM
I have Conetrol mounts on a HVA 1640 and a Schultz & Larsen M65DL and they are VERY good mounts. Yes, they are more expensive than the "standards", but as Pettson noted, they seem to be made for the exact model. I believe Conetrol uses real rifles to design and make the mounts and they are not working off of hearsay or drawings. So, essentially they have "fitted" the mounts to the particular rifle.
Reply author: HiWall
Replied on: 03/30/2007 09:43:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by kriggevaer

I believe Conetrol uses real rifles to design and make the mounts and they are not working off of hearsay or drawings. So, essentially they have "fitted" the mounts to the particular rifle.

That is exactly the case. When I called from Aus. to order the Conetrols for my CG I spoke to the owner and also to the guy who made the bases. They are extremely knowleadgable about the rifles they make bases for, he asked several questions on the rifle so he could identify the exact model and provide the correct bases first up. I was as impressed with the service as I am with the product and intend to change over several of my rifles to Conetrol.
Reply author: Pettson
Replied on: 04/24/2007 3:28:10 PM
I gave them a call also, as I was a bit lost as to fitting a Swarowski 3-12x50 with a 30mm tube onto a CG1900. Despite having to fight my way through some texan dialect the man other other end did very good walking me through the proper selection of ring heights, finishes and whatnot. Patient he was also. Even when I gave him my address over the phone, containing multiple Å's, Ä's and Ö's... Took a little while before we got it right though...

I got the contoured bases along with 30mm Huntur rings for this setup.And man was he spot on with the ring height selection! Medium height rings gave, with the proper eye relief set, a clearance at the front end that won't allow the original scope covers to be installed without some carving. Perfect!

Download Attachment:
122.68 KB

Download Attachment:
118.07 KB

Download Attachment:
68.02 KB

In my mind the Conetrols were invented with the HVA 1640 and 1900 rifles in mind. Those sleek actions mate really well with the equally sleek mounts.
Cost might be a bit prohibitive though, especially with the 30 mm rings. But that wasn't the only reson I chose the cheapest (Huntur) rings. Again, I was advised that they would be the best finish match for the Swarowski scope and again, another point for the people at Conetrol.

This post is starting to sound more and more like a shameless plug. Better stop now.

Pettson

© 2000-2006 Gunboards

1 - 1 of 1 Posts