Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a FR 8 that was rebuild into a hunting rifle by Frankonia in germany in 1995. its not a bubba gun but factory made this way in suhl/ germany and was bought by me as a hunting rifle because I collect only hunting rilfes. to clear this question before. this was done when the FR 8 was surplussed by spain and the lot was divided between interarms for north america and frankonia for europe.
to use for hunting it get a scope mount and what came out may be interesting also for any other owner of a fr 8 wishing to have a scope.

this was the rifle I got for 490 euro

you see the little changes

question was to find a relative inexpensive scope mount that dont interfere with the rear sigth. this happen with the modern copy of the WW 2 german short side mount and a 25 mm scope tube. you find this here for 200 euros everywhere so I assume its available in the states also.

don't know where it is made but the quality seems good, it have a snug fit.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the work was done by my gunmaker and I recommend you to give this to a professional

the rifle shows no tear and wear from a former military career so it was probably only in storage for the cold war.

rifle looks like new, it got a set trigger in 1995

the side mount was made for a 26 mm tube, the scope tube is 25 mm so my gunmaker use thin copper sheet

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I guess the gas tube was along for the ride anyway. Has to be pretty light. Think they bedded it somewhat?
Reckon they sawed and smoothed the bottom for that, added the sleeve tor the sling mount there.
Now I must take mine out and look to see exactly what they did.

I suppose a generic Mauser mount? Wonder what it is?
I found this from an old advert. Looks similar? I suppose not...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
One of the few "sporterized" milsurps that looks good. I love the fact the gunsmith stayed true to the milsurp origin. To me, most sporterized milsurps end up looking like the Transvestites' of the gun world wondering what pronoun they should use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts