Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance, I should have bought a new camera instead of a scope, but I was hoping someone can tell me what this (specifically the mount) is for. I know the ZF4 scope is generally for the G43, but this mount looks different than anything I have seen before. Is it postwar or maybe for a k98?
Left in a toolbox for many years, according to the previous owner. Although showing surface ust throughout, all parts function and the optics are incredibly clear. Any help with regards to what exactly this setup is I am very grateful for. Thank you Gentlemen,
JoP.S>..better pics hopefully soon...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I doesnt look like and ww2 German mounts for the zf4 that I am familiar with. All the ones I have seen have a single lever( G/K43, MP44, K98 swept back) . I have one pic of the FG42 at Aberdeen and it doesnt look like it.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,746 Posts
I would agree, looks like someone used the Zf4 scope in a commercial mount. That type of mount was used pre & post war, but I would imagine a post war expedient. Too bad, a more scarce early scope and scope maker , not sure how well it will clean up. Skid

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Its a mount for a german .22 cal rifle with an 11mm rail. Alot of mausers and walthers ect. had grooved receivers. I have a mount very similar. It slides on the rail then tightens with those levers. Only german scopes fit those mounts. You can also see the windage adjustment screw on the side, As german scopes of the period had no windage adjustment. Alot of them have 'akah' stamped on them. Looking again you can see the zf4 scope is a little large for the mount. I think they use a 30mm tube. But would have to check to be sure. Those mounts sell anywhere from 100.00 to 400.00 depending. Your'es would be on the low end due to condition

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gentlemen, thank you very much for this information, will allow me to research this with a bit more accuracy now. Not even sure how to best clean her up, optics are still great. Any thoughts on what it could have been mounted on? Need to think about what to do with it now, thanks again all.
Joe

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
these to pieces were put together...They never came together. Sell them seperatly if thats you're plan..Now that you know what they are. If I did'nt have 2 mounts already I'd offer to buy the mount...The scope can be cleaned and re-phosphated..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.