Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Krag
Posted - 10/28/2005 : 6:08:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this is off topic, but this the the only form devoted to Scandanavian weapons. I am trying to find information on the Danish Schultz & Larsen Police carbine that was produced during (before?) WW2 for the Danish police.

kriggevaer
Posted - 10/28/2005 : 9:45:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Scandinavian rifles go, the Rigspolitikarbin m/42 is one of the rarest around. Exact production numbers aren't known, but most writers give a figure of around 600 built before production ended. Supposedly some rifles were delivered to Danish police in 1942. They were indeed made by Schultz & Larsen of Otterup. They were chambered in 8x58r Danish. I have never seen an "in the flesh" rifle and have only heard of rumors of some being in the USA. By 1943 most Danish armament producing factories were being sabotaged on a daily basis and this is given as the reason production on the m/42 was stopped. The Nazis had a real bad habit of periodically disarming the Danish police, as well as confiscating stores of Danish military rifles. Many of the Danish Krags were taken to Germany during the war and then re-issued to home front guards. If you find one, grab it fast!

Krag
Posted - 10/28/2005 : 10:15:50 PM
I have one here now with a 10** serial number in excellent condition. I will be test firing it with some custom reloade 8mm Krag ammo.

Thanks for the info. If anyone else has any on it I'd be grateful to hear it.

Patrik
Posted - 12/16/2005 : 1:19:48 PM
AND!!!!!!, i know whats happend to one of them...the number 99x..anyone whats to see it???....(xxx rated pic)
Edited by - Patrik on 12/16/2005 1:29:06 PM

Anders
Posted - 12/16/2005 : 4:18:18 PM
Originally posted by Patrik
AND!!!!!!, i know whats happend to one of them...the number 99x..anyone whats to see it???....(xxx rated pic)
How about some "before and after" pics

Newsflash!!! The local court just ruled that Patrik is to stay at least 10 feet away from any electrical angle grinder

kriggevaer
Posted - 12/17/2005 : 09:38:16 AM
"The Horror. The Horror." (Joseph Conrad - The Heart of Darkness)

Carcano
Posted - 06/23/2007 : 8:16:59 PM
I posted about the politiriffel in the parallel forum.

Here is the picture of my own gun, serial no. 549:

http://widforss.chiaro.mrfriday.com/auktioner/bilder/13/V04_280.jpg

Alexander Eichener
Email: [email protected]
Carcano Website: http://personal.stevens.edu/~gliberat/carcano

JK
Posted - 06/23/2007 : 9:32:50 PM
And another....although I am not the owner

http://old.gunboards.com/uploaded/jk/2007623212859_hh.jpg
Download Attachment:
142.42 KB

Carcano
Posted - 06/24/2007 : 05:52:41 AM
Wow, JK, am impressed!
The rifle does look quite akin to me, except for the rubber buttpad that mine has. It also lacks the handguard and the barrel band, and the stock has been redone.

Hm, maybe this was the rework done at Vapendepot, for civilian sale?

Patrik
Posted - 07/24/2007 : 12:13:11 PM
About the S&L Police Carbine, i now have some spare parts for it, mostly parts for the bolt, also have a couple of the boltbody.
drop me a mail, and i mail you a list.

Carcano
Posted - 07/24/2007 : 1:37:37 PM
Patrik, I would sure appreciate an email, but please to my other address, aeichener (at) hotmail.com.

Now, as to the M-42 rifle (not a carbine, I had it on the range recently. Fired a very mild handload (reformed .45-70 cases from an acquaintance). Pressure was so low that cases sooted thoroughly, especially front of the rim. Accuracy was so-so. It appears that my barrel might be a bit wide...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts