Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you familiar with the Schultz & Larsen M88? I've seen a couple references to them on-line and apparently there were only about 300 made and less than 30 brought into the US.

It seems like a advancement on the M70's that were available a few years ago. Any idea how they shoot and what they would be worth?

Thanks,
Cass

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi
According to one of the former workers on the old Schultz & Larsen factory, there were made about 400 - 500 of the model M88.
A lot of guns model M70 and M77 were sendt to the factory and changed to model M88 (about 1.000). The only difference is the stock and the trigger.
The lowest serial number on a Guns made as an original model M88 schould be about 28.203

There are a lot of users of model M70 and M77 in US (and on this forum) f.ex. nightjager and 6,5x55 MOA

Lindvig

·
Platinum Bullet Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lindvig:

Thank you for the information. I hadn't heard about the conversion of the M70 and M77's to M88 configuration. A friend recently bought a small collection of M70's and one M88 configuration was included.

Thanks,
Cass

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi

You also ask how they shoot. I am shooting myself with those 3 models for target: M33, M70 and M77. I think that they are very accurat. of course model M77 has the best trigger.
I am using a modyfied version of model M24 for hunting. The factory called it for a "Rat gun" themselves.

I almost forgot two other of our US members that have more schultz & Larsen .22 rifles: LAVRIC and KRIGGEVAER

I think that if you contact one of the four menbers that I mentioned, they can tell a lot more about how the rifles shoot.

Lindvig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.