Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Same as Wano. At one time Graf and Sons packaged it with their name on the label. As consistent and energetic as Goex for me. I shot close to 30 lbs of it in pistol cartridges and percussion revolvers before Graf put their label on Goex.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use it only. it is the best, and I have tried them all, going way back to ELEPHANT BRAND. any one remember that brand from the 60's.
At reenactments, Elephant powder always worked but the smell was like being downwind of a manure pile. I'd almost forgotten that smell until you posted here. ;-) Several years ago, one place bought leftover powder from the Navy, had it ground to the various sizes and sold it at a pretty good price at reenactments. It was great while it lasted.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Has anyone used this powder? I don’t know anything about it. I found a local dealer who sells this but he requires a scheduled appointment to buy it.
so just what is the big deal with making an appointment? you do it when you go to the DR'S OFFICE? some times you have to work around some ones schedule? jmho.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I use it, no problems. I dont have any test results like loading up Goex and Schutzen side by side for a test. It works fine for me in muzzle loaders as well as cartridges. There are favorable reviews on the web, that might lead one to conclude it was better than Goex. I have seen both offered in the same shop and selected the Schutzen. I am sorry, I cannot provide hard data.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.