Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this weary T38 today. Has the most vigorously dinged mum I have seen. Bun mark still visible, "00" prefix to serial 431,453 Tokyo rifle.

Unusual markings on the bottom of the butt stock to the rear of the sling swivel are shown.
Stock is sound and has minimal dings.

Rifle mismatched, bolt handle bent, by poor welding and then broken off.

Came with the sling pictured, aluminum button and brass buckle. Three and five hole pattern, with two 'slots' for the buckle tongue so it could be shortened slightly for use with the short rifle or carbine. Sling is reasonably supple and strong, much better than some.

Both of these will find there way to the trader.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It has alot of character thats for sure, if I werent saving up for some kind of japanese pistol, I would buy it. I hope it isnt regulated to being a parts rifle, the mum dinging gives it alot of character.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Josh,
thanks for the comments. When I first saw it, I thought 'parts'; but the stock markings relegate it to a little more interesting category. A new bolt body and it will be good to go, the bore is good or better.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yes, a new bolt wouldnt hurt. Would definitely give you a nice shooter, or a nice conversation piece. They were really die hard about taking the mum out werent they.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Interesting mum treatment. Whoever did it took their job seriously. The odd stock brand is an abbreviation for a high school. Not sure about the full name since there's only a single character (top one) that would go with the name.

C/

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
Don, that impressed Kanji marking reads "Matsu-ko" and is an acronym for some high school. Unfortunately, there's probably over two dozen high schools that starts with a "Matsu-" so could be any of them, but it is a school name nevertheless, and as you say makes the piece more interesting far beyond becoming a parts gun.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,329 Posts
Hmmmm

Put an inscription about Hiroshima on there and it will be worth more!

Neat rifle.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Albacore,
I think I have a bolt body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts