Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scenic Pakistani valley falls to Taliban militants

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan – Taliban militants are beheading and burning their way through Pakistan's picturesque Swat Valley, and residents say the insurgents now control most of the mountainous region outside the lawless tribal areas where jihadists thrive.

The deteriorating situation in the former tourist haven comes despite an army offensive that began in 2007 and an attempted peace deal. It is especially worrisome to Pakistani officials because the valley lies away from the areas where al-Qaida and Taliban militants have traditionally operated and where the military is staging a separate offensive.

"You can't imagine how bad it is," said Muzaffar ul-Mulk, a federal lawmaker whose home in Swat was attacked by bomb-toting assailants in mid-December, weeks after he left. "It's worse day by day."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gbu9UQHKP-yljFQLEgb-wx67LLJgD95COON80

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. My wife an I honeymooned there not more than seven years ago! It was either there or the BVI. I guess Disney is going to have to put that new theme park somewhere else.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
Yawn, what shall you start with again: 1. Admirals come to me (BR) for strategic advice?; 2. I (BR) predicted this would happen when I was twelve?; 3. NATO is the spawn of evil?; 4. I (BR) am an expert in Islam and Central Asian Politics?

Why don't we skip to the chase and come to the conclusion that everyone here knows: You have issues with the military in general and are trying to compensate for your profound feelings of inferiority by finding any pithy article that goes against the military (Afghanistan, planes crash at Miramar, etc).

NOTE: Get some new articles, this one is months old. My wife sent it to me. You know the difference between her and you BR? She's been in combat and hates sitting on the couch.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Why don't we skip to the chase and come to the conclusion that everyone here knows: You have issues with the military in general and are trying to compensate for your profound feelings of inferiority by finding any pithy article that goes against the military (Afghanistan, planes crash at Miramar, etc).
Yet he views it as a sure sign of impending tyranny that he may no longer be able to buy military surplus gas cans and other cast-off military equipment. What a wanker. :rolleyes:

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
You read that article as well that he posted? I almost pissed myself visualizing him sitting on his couch in L.A., surrounded by empty gas cans from Major Surplus and Cheetos Bags. lol. Tell ya what BR, I'll send you a picture of gas cans over here, so you can feel like you're "In the game". lol. If we were in ancient Rome he would be known as Assclownicus. lmao.

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
You guys are getting this quite off topic. This is about the loss of a vacation paradise. I had dreamed of returning there one day, watching another sunset while wiping my ass with my hand, as Jugdish and Mohammed taught us.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
Hambone, you know why there aren't any KFCs in Pakistan?................................. Because they can't handle the "finger lickin good" adds.

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You read that article as well that he posted? I almost pissed myself visualizing him sitting on his couch in L.A., surrounded by empty gas cans from Major Surplus and Cheetos Bags. lol. Tell ya what BR, I'll send you a picture of gas cans over here, so you can feel like you're "In the game". lol. If we were in ancient Rome he would be known as Assclownicus. lmao.

Man that must burn you up to no end that you flubbed the call on Afghanistan.

Outsmarted at your own "game". Beaten by a "couch commando"!

Ha!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts

Ha!
Once again, I'll ask for some proof that any assertations I have made about Afghanistan have failed to come through. You throw around the words "flubbed", "fail" and "intellectual dishonesty" yet you never provide proof. That's why people think you are the rebirth of Assclownicus. That's probably why you've never been able to hold a job for any length of time. I could go on, but you get the point.

As for this being a "game", fighting wars is anything but a game, but you wouldn't know that because you never "manned up" and got involved. I would say that if you had, then you wouldn't be running your mouth like the likes of MB. As for your title "Couch Commando", that says it all. Got enough jerry cans to carry you through the hard times ahead? lmao.

·
Banned
9,193 Posts

Ha!

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Is Dell Customer Service located there, and if so, will the Taliban be answering the phones?

"Hello, my name is Dan Taliban, and I will be assisting you today. How for may I be helping you today?"

"Your DVD burner is not working?"

"We must reformat your hard drive and reinstall Windows."

"Oh....you say there there might be a driver update...we can try that instead."

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
He says he's "Dan", but that's not his real name Eric.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
He says he's "Dan", but that's not his real name Eric.
Yes it is!

In fact, I have talked to a Steve, Jeff, Bob, Mary, and Lisa at their customer service headquarters also!

Sorry it's taking me so long to type this, but Dan is having me run a diagnostics tool on my 400 gig hard drive to find out why my printer isn't...oh...wait...it was turned off...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts