Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both magazines supplied with my SCCY CPX-2 9mm pistol are extremely hard to load. Even after using them for a while, it's still very hard to get more than 3 or 4 rounds in them. I took off the floor plate and pulled the spring out a couple of turns and held it firm. Putting rounds in was then no problem. I'm considering cutting off one coil at a time until they work OK. Has anyone had a similar problem and found a good solution? I've contacted SCCY about it and they immediately said they'd send me two new, easier-to-load magazines they have developed. Made me think this might be a widespread problem. I was hoping they made or could recommend some type of loading device - I've seen them advertised but never used one. Never felt the need with any other of my many pistols/magazines. Lots of high-cap ones get stiff for the last couple of rounds, but this problem was new to me. SCCY didn't ask for the old ones back, so I'd like to find a solution rather than waste two mags.

·
Registered
600 Posts
All my plastic pistols' magazines were hard to reload, especially on the last two or three rounds. I think it's because the mfgs. go for compact, high capacity (for the size of the grip) guns. Glocks come with or came with a loading tool. You can buy an aftermarket mag loader...kinda pricey, but if you shoot a lot, a thumb saver.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All my plastic pistols' magazines were hard to reload, especially on the last two or three rounds. I think it's because the mfgs. go for compact, high capacity (for the size of the grip) guns. Glocks come with or came with a loading tool. You can buy an aftermarket mag loader...kinda pricey, but if you shoot a lot, a thumb saver.
I got a magazine loader as you suggested. It works great with the new magazines SCCY sent me. Haven't tried it with the old mags yet, Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
My magazines are still hard to load the last couple of rounds after several years, I just grunt and stuff. SCCY has great customer service and I have recommended the pistol to others. My CPX2 is a bit blasty and has sharp recoil but I do not use it for a target pistol and for defense it works quite well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The magazine loader enabled me to get the original magazines loaded to capacity as well. The device really works well, and you get better at using it more fluidly as you gain experience with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both magazines supplied with my SCCY CPX-2 9mm pistol are extremely hard to load. Even after using them for a while, it's still very hard to get more than 3 or 4 rounds in them. I took off the floor plate and pulled the spring out a couple of turns and held it firm. Putting rounds in was then no problem. I'm considering cutting off one coil at a time until they work OK. Has anyone had a similar problem and found a good solution? I've contacted SCCY about it and they immediately said they'd send me two new, easier-to-load magazines they have developed. Made me think this might be a widespread problem. I was hoping they made or could recommend some type of loading device - I've seen them advertised but never used one. Never felt the need with any other of my many pistols/magazines. Lots of high-cap ones get stiff for the last couple of rounds, but this problem was new to me. SCCY didn't ask for the old ones back, so I'd like to find a solution rather than waste two mags.
Same issue here. Both mags are abnormally hard to load after 4 rounds, forget it! I called SCCY and they're sending me 2 new ones.... Speed loaders are great, but shouldn't be a required tool to load a mag. These mags have a defect!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called SCCY CS about the jamming issues they told me there was a 150 round break-in period. I ordered a pro mag and tried it and it worked. I'm thinking about getting rid of it too much work for me. I feel a gun should work right out of the box. I guess you get what you pay for

·
Administrator
61,057 Posts
I considered one of these years ago and followed their forum for a year before I decided it was a bad choice. Main issues were mag malfunctions and pins walking out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts