Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was approached by Elrider on a WTB ad I posted. He gave me his email and the pictures he email were not exactly what I asked for (multiple P38 barrel pictures, some with front sight, some without) and a few pictures were identical to pictures I found on the internet.

I did talk to him on the phone but there was an echo (overseas type) and his English wasn’t good.

His Forum name is Elrider and uses [email protected] for emails.

Is there any way to look up his browsing and PM history? If he has many replies to WTB ads, he could be a scammer.

I Explosives

·
Registered
303 Posts
You can see his post, but not his PM’s.

I think you did good work here. It will be looked at.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can see his post, but not his PM’s.

I think you did good work here. It will be looked at.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you view his browsing history or get an IP? If he’s all over the WTB ads like a hobo on a ham sandwich or overseas when he has a Los Angles cell number, it’ll point to scammer type behavior.

Any other way I can help??

I Explosives

·
Registered
327 Posts
The forum has a good seach tool, you can insert a username and see the threads he's posted on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I tried to sniff out the guy before posting here, don’t want to smear anyone. All of his posts are replies and none of those are more than two short sentences.

The reason I asked is I’ve been a member of INGO for a while and their forum shows a greater level of user activity to include browsing activity.

I’m stuck using the Tapatalk app since joining gunboards (displaced due to house fire) and don’t have a computer to explore regular web browser features...which I imagine gunboards has.

I Explosives

·
Registered
37 Posts
He's a scammer I think, he approached me on a WTB ad I posted and I haven't heard back from him for 11 days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yup I'm out $350 so that this forum could learn that he was a scammer (this thread was started 5 days after transaction). He had dozens of pics which included all the markings and areas I asked about, and none of those pics returned results when reverse-image-searched. There was no way to tell from the email.
The fact that the trader boards here are visible before you ever post or even create an account is genius and should serve as a model for every forum. Thanks guys

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yup I'm out $350 so that this forum could learn that he was a scammer (this thread was started 5 days after transaction). He had dozens of pics which included all the markings and areas I asked about, and none of those pics returned results when reverse-image-searched. There was no way to tell from the email.
The fact that the trader boards here are visible before you ever post or even create an account is genius and should serve as a model for every forum. Thanks guys
Sorry to hear you got ripped off. He contacted me about the same time as you. If I would’ve known sooner, I would’ve posted.

The deal he offered me for a P38 barrel and magazine was good but not “too good”. I asked for pictures and noticed a few differences between multiple pictures. He used a few words in email that made me suspicious...who uses “would you kindly”anymore in a sentence. I used a reverse image search but he must’ve used photoshop since I found the donor picture from legacy-collectibles. He did a great job pasting the magazine and barrel together along with shading but there was a shadow on the barrel he missed and didn’t match the others. That’s when I started matching wear marks from the slide and all we’re identical. The last nail was when he wouldn’t use regular PayPal so I would have buyers protection. I offered to pay the fee but he declined. He would only use family and friend or Zelle.

Jerks like this guy deserve to be tossed in a woodchipper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts