Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- There is a brown leather copy of the Finnish scabbard for the Russian M-1891 Mosin-Nagant socket bayonet. Since I don't have the scabbard yet, I don't have pictures of it but I know the leather scabbard is in nice condition. I would like to know an approximate value of an item like this. Thanks in advance for any help, Lido 08/02/08

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,024 Posts
How come I can't get $100.00 for my scabbard? It was listed with: A Russian belt & buckle, three clip pouches, A cleaning kit, a rifle sling, a canteen and cover, AND a WWII 91-30 bayonet??? And a partridge in a pear tree. M.P.

·
8,094 Posts
- There is a brown leather copy of the Finnish scabbard for the Russian M-1891 Mosin-Nagant socket bayonet. Since I don't have the scabbard yet, I don't have pictures of it but I know the leather scabbard is in nice condition. I would like to know an approximate value of an item like this. Thanks in advance for any help, Lido 08/02/08

Lido, you say it is a copy of the Finish scabbard, that means it is a reproduction? As such, if still in new condition it is worth about $15.00, that's what I paid for mine and what IMA sells their reproductions for. If it is a real Finnish scabbard it will be worth considerably more than $100 but you will have trouble getting that price since it will have to go to a hardcore collector of Finnish militaria who realizes what it is and knows the true value. Post a picture, that will help with identification.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
- @ TP: There is no need for a photo since IMA sold them as Finnish reproduction. At the time when I posted this topic I had no idea about my scabbard being the Finnish quality reproduction scabbard sold by IMA. Sorry for this! Lido 08/27/08

1 - 6 of 6 Posts