Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
9,510 Posts
Has anyone kept track of how many ‘47 dated PU snipers are circulating in the US? Complete and original (albeit rearsenaled) examples, not a ‘47 dated ex-sniper that someone has “re-snipered.”

I have one, all matching (rifle, PU scope, and mount) in typical re-arsenaled new and unissued condition.

I may have posed this question in a similar ‘47 ex-sniper thread but I don’t recall any numbers being posited.

Thoughts and comments?
A guess from what I have seen is no more than a couple of dozen (not counting resnipers).

Found my refurbed 47 PU in the last group of B West PU imports back in 2013. There was a former "notoriously rare" member of the forum that was trying to pass of a resnipered 47 a few years ago but I appeared most people figured it out as it was listed on GB for months with no bites.

·
Administrator
9,510 Posts
It was a sniper at one point, was de-snipered during refurbishment.
No, there are 47 91/30's that where never snipers and you can tell by the S/N as all snipers and ex-snipers start with a "yr" prefix.
That said I do believe they all started out to be snipers and for whatever reason, probably accuracy, they where just completed as 91/30's.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
A 1947 ishvesk sniper . Thats was a yugo rework with sniper ON 52 scope. Sold to a member here
Wood Cylinder Office equipment Font Pipe
Wood Metal Everyday carry Fashion accessory Nickel

·
Gold Bullet member
14,167 Posts
I thought it was interesting that my 47 reburbed PU has the mount canted to the right like many have from the WW2 era. I would have suspected that that would have been corrected by 47. Last theory I heard on the scope not being centered directly over the barrel was that they used several different gigs to mount the scope and apparently this on stayed is service.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,868 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts