Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
56,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by a local shop today, 223 ammo is down from $185/500rds to $175 (wolf), AR lowers dropped $10 also to $189 from $199 and mags down to $25 (from $40). Maybe people have just ran out of money and the shop is adjusting, maybe it's just a breather, who knows but hopefully it signals some softening of the post obama pricing binge... Anyone else seeing an end to the panic?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Just the calm before the storm......

·
Registered
124 Posts
The economy is getting more pathetic by the d ay. JObs being lost and money getting "funny". I sold the last firearm i am going to sell for some time. Got $325.00 with some shells thrown in for a Norinco Model 97 trench shotgun copy and a dealer bought it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I attended a gunshow in NE Ohio, Medina this weekend. Some dealers had plenty of new in the box WASRs, priced at $575. They weren't moving! A month ago, if they'ed had 'em, these would have blown out of there. It could be that things are settling down a bit. There was still a lot of lively buying and selling going on between individuals, with $450 or less being paid for basic used WASR's

·
Copper Bullet member
1,911 Posts
True

The economy is going to take precedence over any Gun Bannin' for a while. I'd worry more about handguns getting banned than I would long guns. Pistols are little and can fit in a pocket. A modded out AK won't... I have almost all I desire in the way of semiautos with only one AK missing, and I coulda had that one if I wasn't worried about where my booze license is coming from. AWB paranoia is silly. We have some time in 09 before we get our guns banned. Besides, congress and BHO should think of themselves as temporary help if they try another BS ban. It would be a great way for them to be one termers should they decide to try that. More and more people are voting, and most Americans like guns.

G

·
The economy worsens ,suppliers are getting more stock back in . All but my cabellas backorderd ammo came in the last week .plenty of 223 around again after it disappeared from every where. I have noticed the prices getting better for a wile now . I am still watching up to 10 auctions a day on 2 auction sites appeice. Yugo's are still a tad higher but are selling under the average 800 price fairly often ,WASR's came down . Century is still saying they have a very good stock of WASr's on their way at a higher price ,but not as high as I think some expect.

G

·
The economy is going to take precedence over any Gun Bannin' for a while. I'd worry more about handguns getting banned than I would long guns. Pistols are little and can fit in a pocket. A modded out AK won't... I have almost all I desire in the way of semiautos with only one AK missing, and I coulda had that one if I wasn't worried about where my booze license is coming from. AWB paranoia is silly. We have some time in 09 before we get our guns banned. Besides, congress and BHO should think of themselves as temporary help if they try another BS ban. It would be a great way for them to be one termers should they decide to try that. More and more people are voting, and most Americans like guns.
You are right it is silly . Come on ,who cant read the writing on the wall ? Is a ban comming ? You darn right it is .Its matter of time ,if it wasnt this administration ,it would be another. Republican, democrat ..dont matter. Thats why I sold off a colection of over 100 finnish mosin nagants ,some real rare ones ,to get into AK's . I saw the writing on the wall 3 years ago ,its not hard to figgure ,things do change.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The Kennedy girl trying for the Senate seat of Hitlerys spoke out and said" if I get the seat my first priority is to get a new AWB before congress". Also Biden was part architect of the original AWB. It's coming boys. When they say registration we all need to say no. However, 85% of the folks reading this will register their firearms out of fear of arrest. Too bad, if we all said no they cannot take our guns. I hope I'm wrong............Mike

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I was on Midways site today and they are out of ammo, reloading supplies-bullets, primers etc. Boy.... Has that stuff gone thru the roof pricewise.

WASR's???? I will only use one when I run out of rocks......

The SAR's are not bad though.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,911 Posts
The Kennedy girl trying for the Senate seat of Hitlerys spoke out and said" if I get the seat my first priority is to get a new AWB before congress". Also Biden was part architect of the original AWB. It's coming boys. When they say registration we all need to say no. However, 85% of the folks reading this will register their firearms out of fear of arrest. Too bad, if we all said no they cannot take our guns. I hope I'm wrong............Mike
Gee. You would think she'd try to get a ban on Bolt-actions like Carcanos... What a troll. SHE IS FUGLY. All these bans do is make criminals out of decent, law abiding citizens. The avarage mugger POS doesn't care if the Hi-Point in his pocket is illegal within city limits. Then you have me. Wi. no CC permits. Utter BS as far as that's concerned. If I gotta carry a few grand in cash around with me, I have the right to protect myself. Just ask Australia about banning guns and crime waves.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
If a politician -in this case one of the modern American royalty caste-has no need to worry about reelection.The people that stand in front of the cameras saying"who needs these guns?" is likely to be part of this ruling elite society that has emerged in the last 50 years.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Stopped by a local shop today, 223 ammo is down from $185/500rds to $175 (wolf), AR lowers dropped $10 also to $189 from $199 and mags down to $25 (from $40). Maybe people have just ran out of money and the shop is adjusting, maybe it's just a breather, who knows but hopefully it signals some softening of the post obama pricing binge... Anyone else seeing an end to the panic?
Not really-once more weapons are available it will start all over again.aorund my area semi rifles are in very short supply.I am sure it is typical.Bring your 223 and 7.62 semis out west and you will sell them quick.As weapons on back order get delivered the ammo will sell and I still don't see much,if any, on the shelf in 7.62x39.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nothing is going to happen in his first term! Besides the economy is in shambles, this is the last thing that is on there minds now! Like he keeps saying it's gonna get worse, so you can beat he knows more than what the republicans are willing to admit. most have lost 30-50 % in there 401k's, what I see is a glut of guns and people loosing there jobs. bringing the over prices down with the next couple yrs. just IMHO.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.