Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,808 Posts
I wish I would have been willing to part with the cash to buy it. But it really was the first of its kind that I have seen. What really made it unique to me, was that it had a protected front sight. It had sling swivels on the bottom and the side swivel was missing on the front band, and the side swivel on the stock was filled in with a wood repair. I wish I would have looked clearer at the bottom swivel to see if it rotated or not. I can't recall.

The sling was really different. It was a wide sling that was sewn to the sling swivels and unable to be taken off. The chamber had been opened up for the 8x56 round.
This rifle is part of a consignment collection that Ohio Ordnance works is selling. The sight protector looks like the brass type that the picture was posted of but I don't think it was brass. The chamber is S marked and I believe the receiver ring is Steyr M95 marked. It was a pretty good looking rifle and not too badly priced. I thought about picking it up too but already bought a Vz24 with a WWII ERMA .22 98 conversion in it and a MkII Ross Rifle from that collection. The Steyr got packed up and sent home as it didn't sell so interested parties can contact the guys at Ohio Ordnance works.
http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/

Frank

· Registered
2,808 Posts
I looked at the M95 at the NGD show in Louisville this weekend. The sight guard is brass on the gun, the chamber is S marked and the receiver is marked steyr M95. The chamber also has the W20 rework stamp.
Thats it ....
Frank

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.