Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new to posting on this site. I have been lurking on the site for a while. Thank you for the great infromation.

I usually collect Mauser K98K rifles. I recently came across a No 4 Mk1 US Property marked Savage Enfield at a local pawn shop and bought it. It looks like all parts are marked with a Savage S even the bolt (though mismatched to the rifle). I have found a Savage marked bayonet and wuold like to find a sling. I saw on another sight that Savage also made slings but I can find no information or pictures of such slings except for two small ones provided on said site. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the slings and or information on such slings so I don't buy a fake?

Right next to the No4 Mk1 was a G.R.I 1942 Enfield (also bought) and am looking for a correct sling for this rifle as well. Could someone point me in the right direction to obtain the right sling for this rifle.

Thanks for all help with this
Will

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Here's one I have---with Savage slings, the ends are always steel, mostly blued, but sometimes Parkerized like this one.
Ink marked with an "S" and a date.
Haven't been mass produced as fakes yet---maybe.
-----krinko

·
Copper Bullet member
178 Posts
Here's one I have---with Savage slings, the ends are always steel, mostly blued, but sometimes Parkerized like this one.
Ink marked with an "S" and a date.
Haven't been mass produced as fakes yet---maybe.
-----krinko
This is the first time I've seen a Savage sling. How common are they?

·
Registered
170 Posts
For the astonishing number of rifles Savage pumped out , slings are not that easy to come across.
Took me awhile of searching to find mine and a few extra bucks.
Any Savage sling I've seen though , also has the Canadian "C arrow" stamp

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
No problem, Will---the Logitech Webcam is the easiest way to post photos here. Fast and painless.
No luck on the Indian sling---I haven't got a marked one and have never seen one, either.
As for "C^" Canadian marks on Savage slings----I don't doubt it, but the four I've had did not carry such a mark, so it can go either way.
-----krinko

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,628 Posts
At the end of the Savage contract in 1944, all the Savage spares were shipped up to Long Branch. A lot of those "Savage" slings were apparently assembled in Canada.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.