Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Looking for a little help I'm thinking of buying a savage model 330 O/U made by Valmet shotgun. Does anyone here have one and if so is it a Great ,Bad or just OK shotgun. Thank you for your replies

·
Registered
281 Posts
Great weapon. Valmet is high quality, and I believe this receiver will accept a whole bunch of other barrels, both shotgun and rifle. CB

G

·
It is a great weapon; a simplified (a good thing) version of the Remington Model 32. I have had a number of these and presently have one, a 330 12 3" Mag (hard to find). I also have the more deluxe version, a 333, which has ejectors and a ventilated rib (also hard to find). These Valmets are especially good in cold weather; they never seem to freeze up or give ejection problems, and the trigger guard is extra big for gloved hands.

I don't think that the 330/333 will accept rifle barrels. The model that does this is the Valmet 412, which is later after Savage stopped its partnership with Valmet. Some of the 330s and 333s came with interchangeable 12ga/20ga mag. barrels sets, tho. And here was a Savage/Valmet 2400 combination gun in 12/.308 (got one of those) and 12/.222 Rem.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info. I jump on the deal after reading your replies and I'm glad I did. The shotgun looks and feels like a expensive o/u but at a min cost. I'm going pheasant hunting in two weeks( my first time) I will keep you posted on how I do with this fine weapon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had one years ago, got rid of it because it didn't have a rib. ONE of the big mistakes I've made in my life. Buy the gun.

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
don't let the savage fool u it's great setup,the 330 can be setup to accept 12/12,20/20,12/222.and 12/308.you can use barrel sets from the valmet lion series.i have an extra 12/308 and would love to find a 12/222---any takers???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts