Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Digging around my gun closet and found again a old project that needs a stock and sight that a friend gave me years ago looks to be a well made savage in 30 30 built back in the day question is what did the rear stock look like it must have been a half moon butt plate does anyone make a reproduction for this. would this be considered a carbine barrel measures 19" Thanks for any info

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
34,794 Posts
I'm in the Campfire, they can give you good advice.

Yes, someone makes repro stocks, a couple people actually. What kind of sight are you looking for anyway? Tang sights are $$$, but if you need just something to fill that rear dovetail you should be able to find all kinds of vintage sights (I have one off a Savage 1903 rimfire someplace).

How is the bore?

·
Silver Bullet member
34,794 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Been looking on net. yep it should be a straight grip with carbine stock maybe? The old stock is long gone with the butt plate I'am thinking I wont be able to find a carbine butt plate this is not a big deal to me the originality of this gun will never be again to bad about that they seem to be worth good money when all together right maybe with some patience I will find right parts.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
34,794 Posts
At the very least, the shape of the lever tells us that its not a shotgun-style buttstock with a hand grip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts