Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting one, and I notice they are described as G to VG. I do want to be sure I get a VG. If you drive to Miami, can you pick out your rifle, or will Samco do so for an extra fee? The extra fee will certainly have to be cheaper than gas.
I know the wartime Huskys are less nice than prewar guns, but I don't have a bent bolt Swede. Or should I save my money and apply it toward a M94?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
A few (many) years back just months before they dryed up i grabbed one of there special select CG m96 bent bolt specials with sling for $229. It was my very first swede purchase. Then while this one didn't arrive yet at a gun show i seen another M96 CG in excellent condition and i got my second swede. My point is are some of these bent bolts orginal or redone by samco? The husky bent bolts are totally different there manufactured that way. But with the CG bent bolts are they orginal too?

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,838 Posts
I do not believe SAMCO is bending M-96 bolts . What you see are the results of being in civilian hands at one time or another . The M-94 & M-38 bolts are forged down when made . You see a sharp transition on these , while the bolts that are bent with a torch have a smooth radius to the bend .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.