Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they used to have most of their product on the front page. Not anymore. You actually have to hunt to find the three rifles.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The main reason they don't have anything to sell is that thanks to Komrade Klinton and Komrade Rodham-Klinton there has been a de facto ban on imports for so long that there is not much left to sell. About the only thing that can be imported at all these days is sporting arms turned in by Swedes so that they can buy a new rifle. Simpsons seems to be able to get a container or two of those through customs now and then and they show up at Cabela's from time to time. Most of them seem to be Floberts in almost relic condition. It is unlikely that any future administration will reverse the Executive Order implementing the UN Arms Trade Treaty, which the current administration signed 25 September 2013, which although unratified and completely unconstitutional as law in the US is nevertheless being treated as law by BATFE and other federal agencies, so for all intents and purposes the military surplus currently in this country now is all that there is ever likely to be. Under the terms of the treaty, even surplus ammo for obsolete military weapons cannot be exported/imported, so save your brass and learn to reload Berdan primed cases.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It is unlikely that any future administration will reverse the Executive Order implementing the UN Arms Trade Treaty, which the current administration signed 25 September 2013, which although unratified and completely unconstitutional as law in the US is nevertheless being treated as law by BATFE and other federal agencies

the UN Arms Trade Treaty, signed by secretary of state john kerry on 25 September 2013, (which has never been ratified by the U.S. senate) is for all practical purposes a "done deal" whether or not it is ever "ratified" by the senate...

As far as other u.n. member states, most (including Russia and China) have announced that they will abide by the treaty in trade dealings with other "treaty member states" even tho they (Russia and China) are not now, and may never be, "treaty member states"...

Ratification by 50 "member states" is necessary for the treaty to go into effect... So far, 32 "member states" have ratified it...

Yep. The clintons get special "thanks" for banning SKS rifles and Chinese ammo in early 1994. But, let's not forget that george bush could have nullified those bans with a stroke of his pen, but failed to do so...

·
Registered
364 Posts
//Yep. The clintons get special "thanks" for banning SKS rifles and Chinese ammo in early 1994. But, let's not forget that george bush could have nullified those bans with a stroke of his pen, but failed to do so...
To the best of my knowledge NO President has EVER vacated or reversed an Executive Order by a predecessor. It's all about CONTROL and so are they.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
To the best of my knowledge NO President has EVER vacated or reversed an Executive Order by a predecessor. It's all about CONTROL and so are they.
clik on the link below, search the term "revoked" and you will see where 113 executive orders have been "revoked" by various Presidents... Search for the term "amended", and you will find 166 executive orders that were "amended" to mean something totally different from what the President that issued the executive order intended...

http://search.archives.gov/query.ht...%&ws=0&la=&qm=0&st=1&nh=10&lk=1&rf=0&oq=&rq=0

The fact remains that george bush could have revoked the clinton ban on SKS rifles and Chinese ammo, but didn't bother to do so, even tho he claims to be a supporter of the 2nd Amendment...

Yep, it is all about CONTROL, and when it comes to gun control, most republicans are no different from the dimocrats...

·
Registered
364 Posts
The Googlefoo is strong in that one!

Reading that National Archives list is like trying to read the legislation for Obama-care.

The thing I don't get is why anyone would ever think that 41 or 43 were pro-2A or conservative. Well, conservative maybe, since that doesn't mean liberatarian like many of us thought it did nor constitutionalist like many others thought it did.

43 could and should have revoked the Clinton ban on SKS rifles and ammo but traded us off on that for something else he wanted worse. [Read that to mean: his principal donors made more money from something else and he appeased democrat congressional voters by leaving the ban in place.]

But enough of the finger pointing, the OP's question was why Samco has no inventory and the answer is that Samco is in the same boat as all suplus arms importers and they are all stuck with whatever inventory they had and there is no real liklihood that any new surplus inventory will ever get a Form 6 approved because our elected officials do what they want without regard to the constitution.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The Googlefoo is strong in that one!

the OP's question was why Samco has no inventory and the answer is that Samco is in the same boat as all suplus arms importers and they are all stuck with whatever inventory they had and there is no real liklihood that any new surplus inventory will ever get a Form 6 approved because our elected officials do what they want without regard to the constitution.
Yep... I did use a search engine to find the Federal Register and search for executive orders that had been revoked and/or "amended" out of existance...

Perhaps you should have done so before stating: "NO President has EVER vacated or reversed an Executive Order by a predecessor."

In any case, I do agree with your comment that Samco (and other small arms/ammo sellers) are having inventory problems due to the fact that the federal "government" has successfully shut down importation of small arms and ammo...

·
Registered
536 Posts
tojak;2977401 The fact remains that george bush could have revoked the clinton ban on SKS rifles and Chinese ammo said:
most[/U] republicans are no different from the dimocrats...
Your painting Bush with do dark a brush. Bush let the Clinton gun ban of 1994 expire under his watch. He also signed the legislation to protect the firearms industry from the frivolous law suites that were eating the industry alive.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Your painting Bush with do dark a brush.
Nope... I didn't paint anyone with "do dark a brush" (sic)... I simply stated 3 facts:

1.) george bush could have revoked the clinton ban on SKS rifles and Chinese ammo...

2.) he didn't bother to do so...

3.) he claims to be a 2nd Amendment supporter...

If you think that those three facts paint him too "darkley", then so be it...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Nope... I didn't paint anyone with "do dark a brush" (sic)... I simply stated 3 facts:

1.) george bush could have revoked the clinton ban on SKS rifles and Chinese ammo...

2.) he didn't bother to do so...

3.) he claims to be a 2nd Amendment supporter...

If you think that those three facts paint him too "darkley", then so be it...
How could you not call anyone who let the Clinton gun ban expire and signed legislation to protect the firearms industry from anti-gun law suits not be a second amendment supporter. Your letting your "facts" blind your field of vision.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Your letting your "facts" blind your field of vision.
Nope... You are letting your "lack of facts" blind your vision...

rr2241tx (post #9) explains it better than I can:

"43 could and should have revoked the Clinton ban on SKS rifles and ammo but traded us off on that for something else he wanted worse. [Read that to mean: his principal donors made more money from something else and he appeased democrat congressional voters by leaving the ban in place."
--------------------

If bush were a true 2nd Amendment supporter, he would not have made "back room" political deals that infringed on our 2nd Amendment rights...

We are getting off subject with this "bush" discussion... If you would like to discuss the matter further, open a thread and I will give you plenty of facts to bolster my opinion that he is not now, and has never been, a "Conservative"...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Your taking one item and trying to make it into the general norm. I'm active in gun rights which included the Bush II years. Making back room deals to attack the second amendment and attacking gun owner rights?? News to me. Sounds like you have an ax to grind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts