Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to see if there is any pattern to the serial numbers and dates of these Yugo snipers and why they went to Yugoslavia instead of being refurbished. Ideally, I'd like to have the rifle serial #, date, arsenal, bolt serial # (if different from rifle serial #) since many were mismatched and scope serial #. Here is a link to the Cyrillic alphabet, you can cut and paste the letters if you need to. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_alphabet Thanks for your help.

1944 Izhevsk
Rifle serial # ПB1572
Bolt ПB1812
Scope 4428688

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,843 Posts
Here is one I owned at one time (and wish I still did :() -

1944 Izhevsk

SERIAL# on receiver top - ПА3452, All stamped-matching although the butt plate and magazine floor plate are not prefixed (suggesting arsenal replacements?)

SCOPE# on receiver side - 4435343

SCOPE# on scope - 4424953

Tim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine is a scopeless sniper but I know it came from Samco.

1944 Izhevsk
PY278 - matching receiver and bolt
4410030 - scope number? (on left side of receiver just above stock)

My apologies if I misread any of the Cyrillic characters.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Lots of ПВx serial numbers in this Samco Yugo sniper thread. All the serialized parts on my Mosin, with the exception of the magazine floorplate, likewise have the ПВ prefix.

Maybe the Russians sent Tito the entirety of the
ПВ series of production?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Lots of ПВx serial numbers in this Samco Yugo sniper thread. All the serialized parts on my Mosin, with the exception of the magazine floorplate, likewise have the ПВ prefix.

Maybe the Russians sent Tito the entirety of the
ПВ series of production?
Ah, no...My son's C.A.I. imported "ex-sniper" has the same prefix as yours and was made a little under 5,000 rifles after yours.
First off, the total PU rifles Stalin sent to Tito was just about 4200 total.
There are I think 9,999 rifles made in one prefix, before they switch to the next prefix.
Plus I've seen KY, KX, PC, PY as prefixes on other SAMCO, ex-Yugoslavian Army, Soviet built PUs.
Stalin probably sent the closest PUs that he had to Yugoslavia.

But they did send a batch, with your prefix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.