·
Registered
357 Posts
My 44 Izzy

yes all matching also and both 43' and 44' are Samco Imports

·
Gold Bullet member
13,572 Posts
These Samcos are the boss. I wish I would have listened more to Marcus and bought a dozen. The only photo I can find which is less than 300 is this one. The 3rd and 4th from the right are Samcos.

Chad nice rifle, great mount and real close on the scope number. Looks good.

Enigma, That stock cartouche is the best and that is a nice rifle.

AOD, Nice rifle, pretty stock and I gotta get me one of those scopes. I passed on one for my first Samco from ammuntion store because I did not know the logo off top of my head. I have been PO ever since.

These rifles shoot great and have nice triggers. My first one has done 0.94 MOA with 5 shots with 7N1. Bet it will do better with 174 matchking. It will do 1.5 MOA fairly consistently with Wolf 148 grain and 7N1.

·
Registered
357 Posts
More pics

Pics

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
SturmGrendier what did you take those surper clear pictures with?

You all give me an incentive to finish my 2 Samcos...

·
Platinum Bullet Member
603 Posts
...I wish I would have listened more to Marcus and bought a dozen...
Mike, I think you have enough PUs as is.
Actually, I am starting to doubt that you are not Russian

For all I know, you could be the guy from this picture (after all your name could be translated as Михаил Краснобродов - Mikhail Krasnobrodov).

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have an older PU that I got from Navy Arms back in 96.One thing that always bothered is that they polished off the number on the left hand off the barrel shank.I wonder why they did that?Most I see have a number,or one thats been struck out and renumbered,but mine is the only one I know of thats been ground off and polished.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice one, congratulations! I can't figure out why SAMCO is not totally sold out of these scopeless snipers yet. These are great rifles at a great price. I have one from Samco and one from CAI, both with minty barrels. Glad I got them for sure.
---DD

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have also ordered one from SAMCO last Tuesday or Wednesday. Should be here soon. The picture I just posted was purchased all together with an A serial number scope. It was hiding in the corner of a distant gun store I sometimes visit. I am on the hunt for a vintage PU scope for the SAMCO that will be arriving.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,521 Posts
Samco PU

Heres my Samco PU, it has a original scope and a post war mount. Shoots good, trigger is wonderful single stage. Best Mosin trigger I have ever experienced. Wood seems to have a oil finish, like most of the Samcos I have seen.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Heres my Samco PU, it has a original scope and a post war mount. Shoots good, trigger is wonderful single stage. Best Mosin trigger I have ever experienced. Wood seems to have a oil finish, like most of the Samcos I have seen.

Really very nice. Can never have enough. They seem to embody so much history.

By the way were you able to do the re-scoping work yourself or did you send it to a gunsmith? Just wondering since I am thinking about options for the SAMCO that will be arriving shortly.

Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ok I'll add one

1943 Samco from Marcus and added an original scope and mount ..... and haveto get these other original scope and mounts fitted to the "other" ex's

The 1943 progress ..........

1 - 20 of 36 Posts