Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Gold Bullet Member
2,909 Posts
If it's anything like the mixed manufacture i got, you'll have mostly radway green and kynoch from the 40's and 50's. The ammo is corrosive and has a considerable number of click bangs and slow ignition in general. The rg's had nickel plated bullets which make cleaning a pain in the butt: The normal solvents work on it, just much slower. Balance your costs: I've recently decided it's not worth loss of accuracy+longer time cleaning if i am paying 25 cents a round when i could get PPU for 50 cents a round, and i've been very happy with that decision. When i've got enough ppu brass together i'll get it reloaded.

· Gold Bullet Member
2,909 Posts
I found the 42 headstamps to be less of a click bang than the 43 dated headstamps. The 43's were 80% or more click bang and even the occasional dud.
I only had 42's in my batch: i can only imagine the horrors you must have faced considering i had nearly 100% hangfires with it. Get some PPU from AIM, save the trouble. IMO surplus is not cheaper than normal ammo enough anymore for me to be willing to put up with hangfires/sticky cases/burrs in case neck/whatever other issue it happens to have. It was worth it earlier this year but now... forget it. I'm shooting PPU/Igman/S&B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.