Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my most recently aquired nagant. Got this one from a fellow gun boards member. Its a 1941 straight stock, with a 1894 Chatternault reciever, trigger, and trigger guard. How significant is this M39 compared to others, aside from the straight stock.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
The straight stock is the primary feature that distinguishes this from other M-39s. The matching Chatternault receiver/parts is a bonus, but not sure they add much value over the stock configuration.

(BTW, a Nagant is a pistol. A Mosin Nagant is a Russian/Soviet rifle. You have a Finnish M-39.)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry bout the nagant term I knew better but wasent thinking. I have a total of 5 Finnish Mosin Nagants. 3 M91s: 1 1942 Tikka, a 1927 Tikka stepped barrel, and a 1942 VKT. A 1931 Tikka M27, and the 1941 Sako M39 pictured here.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Neat rifle and very desireable, congrats.

Poot

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
You guys are too anal about this Nagant thing in my own opinion.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Great looking rifle with an amazing stock cartouche.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
You guys are too anal about this Nagant thing in my own opinion.
I believe you caused us to act this way in your earlier, "more precise" days. :rolleyes:

I seem to remember some butt-strokes administered for this naming error when you were on top of your game. ;)

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Here is my most recently aquired nagant. Got this one from a fellow gun boards member. Its a 1941 straight stock, with a 1894 Chatternault reciever, trigger, and trigger guard. How significant is this M39 compared to others, aside from the straight stock.
Neat straight stock, I think the reciever makes it at a little more interesting than the average. The ultimate amusing find? How about discovering the last Finn made to have a first year of production
reciever?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you saying that my M39 is the first year of production? "Being 1941" I did think I read though that the finns started the serial numbering range on the Tikkas at 200000 and mine is 201037 which would make it a very early production. Hmm I thought that 1940 was the first year of production. Learn something new every day.

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
Actually, 1940 is the first production date on Sako M39's but very few were dated 1940. The highest 1940 Sako M39 serial number that I'm aware of is 200009. Yours is pretty early though, being the 1037th one made.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I paid 300 for it do you think I did ok?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The bore is in realy good shape I wouldent say mirror but it shines with no dark spots and the rifleing looks strong. Cant wait to see what kind of groups it will put down range havent had a chance to get out and shoot it yet. I also have to get the crud out of all the little crevises just did my M27 tonight got it cleaned up nicely. Its amazing how many more stampings you find after you clean them good.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
I paid 300 for it do you think I did ok?[/QUOTE
I paid a bit more for mine last year, after trying to find one for less with no sucess. Mine is
similiar condition (of course I would like to think mine just a little better, but I really don't see much difference). Does anyone think these likely to decrease in value.......?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Post some pictures of your M39 royke I would like to see it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have one that was the 286th one made after yours. I'm a newbee and don't know how to post pictures yet. I'm getting help next week, so maybe I can post some.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts