Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arisakadogs was begging me to post pics of some of my Sake cups since he is planning to get into this field and since I am just a softy for a grown man begging, here are a few.

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, A-dogs wasn't REALLY beggin me to post these, but I bet in his mind he was!! LOL

·
Silver Bullet member
15,556 Posts
Adogs just wants the sake(me too)!

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,990 Posts
Totally gay - do you collect Japanese Barbies too? ;)

·
Silver Bullet member
2,364 Posts
can we get a separate department for the sake cups, like a women's department or something

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,990 Posts
can we get a separate department for the sake cups, like a women's department or something
He he, maybe they do it for their wives or girlfriends so there is something "pretty" in their collection.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Say what you want but I like them and plan to get more in the future. These cups and bottles are actually parallels to German Reservist Beer Steins in that they are rememberances of a soldiers service time. Also, nearly all date from the late 1930's all the way back to the 1890's. Many of my cups and bottles are for units that served in China, Manchuria and Korea.

If you watch the movie Letters From Iwo Jima, General Kuribiashi has a sake bottle exactly like one of mine sitting next to him on the table when he is drinking with the cavalry officer. Just a movie, but these things were used for real by the Japanese soldiers.

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,990 Posts
You know I just like to pick on the cup collectors because it's fun. ;) What I like to add to my collection as "filler" are things like Japanese coins, paper money, cigarettes, etc. Just can't get into the girley looking things. Wink wink!

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,611 Posts
Some Girlie Assesories!

Well I was going to post a couple pictures of my Sake cups and some other "Girlie" assesories, but maybe not. Oh, what the heck! Enjoy - Skid

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,990 Posts
Well, it's not quite as gay - but I do have one doll

·
Silver Bullet member
2,364 Posts
Well, it's not quite as gay - but I do have one doll
I don't know Rob dolls are pretty Gay. I can appreciate the fact that you are not trying to rationalize it as an "action figure". I will let you slide though on the basis that it is a Harley.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see there are other "sissies" (Rob's term of me) like me that dig these cups also. I'm telling you non-believers, get a cup and the next thing you know you have a shelf full of them. I thought they were queer too, until I picked one up just because it was named to a Japanese unit that was destroyed in the area of the Philippines my wife is from. I had planned to "get just one", then before you know it, I had to "get just one" that was Artillery, then one that was Signals, then one that was Naval, then one that looked like a helmet, then a bottle, then one that had a machine gun on it, then next thing you know I got bunches of them. If you check some of the websites that sell these things, you will see some pretty neat looking cups with some very detailed machine gun, cannons, planes, trucks, trains, flags, bayonets, shin-guntos, you name it on them. These things represent all the things we collect. But don't pay no mind to me, im a "sissy." :p

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,990 Posts
I was actually tempted, once, by one on e-bay that was shaped like a Japanese tank & I like the tanks! Sissy ;)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was actually tempted, once, by one on e-bay that was shaped like a Japanese tank & I like the tanks! Sissy ;)
Yes I guess they are sissy, but I was once tempted to buy a little porcelain guy with a dog but then people would think I had "just come out of the closet." :))

·
Silver Bullet member
15,556 Posts
I drink my sake out of a cup, about 8oz. Don't need no little saucer, besides, I'd spill it everywhere except into my mouth!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wouldn't know sake if it bit me on the bum. I don't drink too much or too often though. Allows me more money to waste, I mean spend, on this addictive Japanese militaria hobby of mine.

By the way, a decent Sake cup can be had for about 10-20 bucks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts