Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Unconverted are between 900-1200 right now. Converted can be well into the 2k range depending on the extent and quality of conversion. Also, if you bought these 20 years ago, are the receiver magazine wells dimpled? If not that hurts the value. We’d need to know if it’s converted and dimpled to give a good estimate. Post up some pictures and we can go from there.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
bolomauser: If there had been some way to know the approx. quality of a stranger's conversion work, I gladly would have sought out a local version in 2015 or so, on Armslist.

I had bought two "nib": both the .223 and 7.62x39, but having neither the skills nor tools, soon sold the pair. No way would I use a decent, or very nice gun as a first-time test lab to develop the skills.

One thing is a very clear impression: when racking the bolt, and even shooting both - they feel somewhat superior to most of my imported AKMs (some are all-matching). Part of this feel could have been their near-'new' condition.
Only my fairly unique Czechpoint VZ-58 (...Not a variant, totally different....) really reminds me of the "built as one original weapon" feel of those nib Saigas..

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s in orginal untouched right out of the box. I cleaned and test fired it to make sure it cycled and functioned the way it should. It’s a brand new Russian Izmash Saiga with its black plastic stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.