Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
All of them
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to pop into a small shop that I used to go to, a couple of weeks ago, and ended taking this one home. It’s dirty and dusty and looks straight out of the closet. It’s missing the correct swivel which I hope to hunt down at Tulsa this fall.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun
Writing implement Everyday carry Tints and shades Fashion accessory Office supplies
Metal Gun accessory Household hardware Wood Titanium

Auto part Bicycle part Automotive exterior Rim Metal

Shotgun Metal Gun accessory Fashion accessory Everyday carry

Shotgun Gun accessory Trigger Wood Everyday carry

Bicycle part Rim Fashion accessory Metal Auto part

Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel Shotgun

Bicycle part Rim Cylinder Metal Automotive tire

·
Administrator
3,266 Posts
very nice - and great pictures, what do you do for the white and the close ups? Just a few tips?
Well done for sure

·
Registered
All of them
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, glad you like. The photos are on a cloud covered day but still kind of bright out, against a white backdrop, sheet, poster board etc, with an IPhone and then edited with all the stock features that are on the phone, no special software or camera. One of the biggest tricks of it, is holding the object off the background about a foot or so, eliminating the shadow against it.

·
Registered
All of them
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that’s probably the scenario that will occur, I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
228 Posts
When I was working in the western United States had the little gun shops that I would go to when I was in the area,near Gillette WY stopped by a shop and they had a M1 Carbine, someone had put an adjustable Plainfield rear sight and a Williams front sight go the gun cheap dealer said that nobody wanted it science it was modified. I knew what it was so I purchased it. It was a National Postal Meter. When I was leaving the guy said there was a small box of parts that came in with the gun so he gave them to me. Got to the motel and took the gun apart, it was a 100 per cent correct parts except the sights even the stock and handguard was correct and no Import mark, and wouldn't you know it the Original front and rear sight was in the box of parts. That was about 6 years ago. Never know what can be found. Nice find on your part.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You didn't show any of the internal parts but just from your excellent photos I would say your S.G. is mostly all original. I hope you are going to send a data sheet to the Carbine Club. If you do be sure to send the numbers that are in the sling cut also.

·
Registered
All of them
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, I don’t know them well at all, it was a bit of a gamble. Here are some internals.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Gun accessory

Wood Natural material Metal Tool Titanium

Outerwear Dress Sleeve Grey Bag

Watch Office supplies Writing implement Wood Pen

Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel Gas

Watch Everyday carry Gun accessory Electric blue Revolver

Material property Bicycle part Wood Gadget Rim

Tool Hunting knife Blade Gun accessory Metal

Auto part Strap Electric blue Watch Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I recently bought a bolt tool and a Wolf Spring Kit and replaced all the springs. It was flawless before and it works as if it were new again. Now to find new ammunition for it. The carbine has been re-arsenaled and the stock has its serial number on it. Was told there were given to the Israelis now it’s back home.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
A beautiful Saginaw S.G. carbine you have there. I have a Saginaw but mine is a later piece than yours. It has the round bolt and machined adjustable rear sight. I have fired it just to verify it functions OK.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts